Tolmie Peak Trail

Tolmie Peak Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

beach

Take this short hike on the Wonderland Trail in Rainier National Park for great views from a fire tower of the volcano This is a beautiful hike past alpine lakes to a fire tower look out over the surrounding peaks and a commanding view of Mount Rainier. You will want to take a camera and pack a lunch to lounge on the summit rocks in the sun. Note: The true summit of the peak is 300 yards down the ridge from the fire tower. Park Pass required.

Amazing views!!

This is now the #1 hike in my book!
Absolutely breathtaking views of Mt Rainier and lakes.
MUST go on a clear day and when both Tolmie Lookout and Rainier are forecast clear, otherwise you will miss one of the most awesome views ever.

beautiful views of Mt Rainier, Lake Eugine and Lake Mowich. Quite easy hike that only gets tough in the end. Go on a clear day to get the best views. There was a lot of wild flowers on the hike as well.
We brought paddle boards and went out on Lake Mowich. The lake is super clear. If you have a paddle board or kayak it's a must going out on the Lake!
I could definitely do this hike again.

Gorgeous hike!! The drive up is a bit challenging. You will need to drive about 15 miles on gravel road to get there with potholes, but it's totally worth it. The views are unparalleled and one of the best hikes I've ever been on. Definitely will be back!

I can see why this trail was listed in the top 20 day trails for Washington State. Spectacular views. From Tolmie peak we could see Mt Baker to the North, Mt St Helen to the South, Mt Olympus to the West and the awesome Mt Rainier to our East.

Great day, great trail, great views. Hiked up from Mowich Lake Sept 12 with my two sons (ages 13 and 19). Celebrated my 19 year olds birthday at the top with Hostess Cup Cake (it got squished in the backpack of course) Hung out at the fire watch tower and chatted with a variety of folks including Wonderland Trail through hikers. Some were very tired, others were full of energy. Met two nice Canadian through hikers who were on day 3. Were from Kansas so this was pretty darn cool.

Hiked today. It was cloudy but anyway I love this trail! I have not seen so beautiful views long time. Highly recommended. Met couple young deers on the trail.

Probably my favorite trail I've hiked. It's not the toughest or longest hike but it's definitely the most scenic. Sweeping vistas, stunning view of Rainier, alpine lakes, wildflower meadows...this hike has it all. Bring bug spray if you're hiking in the summer and plan to spend about 45 minutes on the drive up (lots of potholes).

Well worth the hike up! Beautiful views.

A beautiful hike. The first 1.5 miles is calm a few areas with tree roots and rocks. After you take the Y it is very high moderate rated trail. There were a lot of people on the trail so many times you stop to let them pass. Will do this again.

Amazing hike and views.

Did High Rock a few months back and like the Tolmie lookout more personally. Hike was a lot less steep and the view was amazing with greenery. We got there just in time before the clouds covered Rainier and got to take a few beautiful pictures. Lots of people at the top but everyone was so friendly! My legs will be feeling it tomorrow. Also the trail is maintained and marked incredibly well which makes for easier hiking.

Amazing views of Mt. Rainier!

Hiked this today. Lots of people. Trail is easy to follow, but be warned there are a lot of tree roots and uneven rocks you'll be walking on. This was the most uneven trail We've hiked this year and left our feet sore at the end of the day. It was exactly 2 miles in to Lake Eunice, which is a great resting spot before hitting the last .9 miles to the look out tower. Great views from the top. Could even see Mt St. Helens in the distance. If you don't already have your permit, there's a $25 entrance fee and be warned, have exact change or a check book. (Who carries a checkbook anymore, right?) We had to make the 30 min drive back down the Mt. to the ranger station to buy our permit and even there they didn't have change, but took debit. Bugs weren't bad on this hike, but overall, we liked High Rock better. Less people and better views.

Doesn't get better then this! I will Forsure be doing this again