Tinkham Peak (Tinkham East Boot) trail

Tinkham Peak (Tinkham East Boot) trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike, the last climb is a butt kicker. Be careful coming down.

Directions to the trailhead on the iPhone are poor; the road is pretty sketchy and I had to finally back up and go to Lost Lake to reach the start. The initial trail to Mirror Lake has several streams crossing it so there is mud. A particular spot between Cottonwood Lake and Mirror Lake has some stumps to help you across a nasty pitch of black mud. Beware the slick beveled stump. I bit it there on the way back and stunk of muck.
The trail up Tinkham is hard to find at Mirror Lake. I ended up scrambling up a rock fall, inching along a small ledge when the climb became a class 5 affair, and eventually had to do the class 5 climb
because I had nowhere else to go but up. As I topped over the ridge suddenly I found the trail. I figured I'd find the trailhead on the way out but unfortunately lost the trail again and ended up sliding down the mountain (I called it glissading on debris) to Mirror Lake on the way out.
The climb to Tinkham on trail is steady to the saddle, then eases a bit before the final steep push. Getting to the very highest point on the peak takes a scramble over some exposed rock.
I suspect the views are glorious. I went yesterday morning and had wonderful views of clouds and mist.

From beginning, this trail is basically like a regular hike to Mirror Lake, and starts from the same trailhead. When you pass around the Mirror Lake and begin hike on actual Tinkham East Boot trail, it becomes steep and elevates very fast. Actually, you gain above 1000 ft in less than a mile, so this is a demanding part of trail. But, the view you get on the top of Tinkham Peak definitely worth your efforts.