Tinkham Peak / Silver Peak Loop

Tinkham Peak / Silver Peak Loop is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.7 miles 2007 feet Loop

07/02/2015 - Thursday - (see my previous review below) I returned with my hiking companions to do this hike earlier in the day to see the sun go down. We hiked to Silver Peak starting from the PCT intersection with FR9070 just past the Mt Catherine trailhead. There were more bugs on the trail this time, so be prepared. The top was stunning of course, but also windy and cold after a strenuous climb with sweaty clothes. Bring layers including a wind breaker and you'll be happy.

More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com

06/23/2015 - Tuesday - I hiked to Silver Peak starting from the PCT intersection with FR9070 just past the Mt Catherine trailhead. The idea was to enjoy sunset at the top and eat. I needed another 45 minutes to do that and almost turned around numerous times because the sun was lower than I'd hoped. But, I kept going and made it to the top just before dusk. The trail is in great shape. There are some brief areas where it is a scramble, but overall the trail is well delineated and easily climbed with caution near the top. It was late enough in the day that bugs were not an issue. I came down by head lamp. I only passed three other hikers near the start of the hike, so the whole place was mine. Stunning views and well worth the trip.

More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com

Just did Silver Peak yesterday. It was beautiful at the top, and although there is definitely a scramble (which looks rather daunting from down below), it wasn't too bad. However, I would like to reiterate that the insects are really a problem. I slathered myself in mosquito repellant, and like another reviewer, still managed to get a bite on my finger. This morning, my finger is swollen and red, to the point where it is difficult to move. There are definitely some nasty bugs up there..

Saturday 8-16-2014: I joined our group and hiked to Silver Peak from Pacific Crest Trail on FR9070. We followed the description on the WTA hiking guide. Wildflowers are blooming and blueberries are ripe for picking. The weather was partly cloudy. We did not have great views, but it was fun nonetheless. On the plus side it was not too hot. I took 1 liter of water and drank about 0.7 liter.
I read the warning about bugs so I applied bug repellant. However I was bitten on the back of my hand, where I didn’t apply repellant. It was probably a deer fly and my skin is red and swollen.

Trail is steep past twin lakes and is overgrown. Mosquito's were very bad all the way to the top of silver peak. The summit trail off PCT is marked with a Cairn and the wildflowers were amazing.