Taylor Mountain Trail

Taylor Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

From I-90 take exit 17 (Front Street), and turn right (south) onto Front Street and continue south through Issaquah. Front Street becomes Issaquah-Hobart Road as you leave town. Continue south along this road to its junction with State Route 18. Cross under SR 18 and drive another 0.25 mile, passing Holder Creek at SE 188th Street. Park near Holder Creek.

nice close day hike

Not a bad hike once you get into the woods. Too much time on roads for our taste.

Nice clear trail, good markings. Steady hike.

Good hike for beginners,instead of looping around and taking Road A, we went up and took road A to Road K, then down holder creek trail. Maps are available in the parking lot. Basically alone the whole hike. All the trails were well maintained besides holder creek trail. Holder creek trail hasn't been used in a while and it requires you to cross the creek (which is quiet wide). Still a fun hike for all skill levels and many wildflowers.

I would rate this trail moderate. It has an almost steady although mostly mild incline all the way to the top. It was beautiful walking in the woods but not a great view at the top due to foliage. We went with my 6 year old and 3 year old and it was definitely too much for the three year old. He was carried 3/4 of the way. Also if you don't like snakes this is not the hike for you. We saw several garter snakes. Also wear shoes you don't mind getting horse poop on as this is also an equestrian trail. Over all though it was a good hike.

scenic driving

This is a nice easy hike. There's a parking lot that fits about 20 cars I'd say. It starts out with a trail leading through the woods, it eventually splits so that you can either go to a little river / creek, or you can start heading up the mountain. It took me, my little brother & my dog about 30 minutes to get up the mountain. Once at the top, there's a picnic table & a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier (on a sunny day). Recommend for beginners or someone just wanting to do a simple hike with a good view.

Went with a group of ladies and the day was very hot, 91 degrees. We thought the trail was not marked clearly and so was not able to determine where the Taylor Mountain hike turned into Holden Ridge. There were many cross-trail junctures, but no signage as to which trail was which. We eventually found a forestry road that lead use back to the parking lot. Also, there were horses and trail was very narrow causing a bit of an issue finding a wide enough spot to get off the trail to let the horses pass.

Solid quick hike.

Gorgeous weather, the path is laden with colorful flora with a healthy climb.

I almost missed the overlook at the top!! There is a small path off the primary at the peak of Holder Ridge, shown as a sort of "L" on the map here. Be sure to look for it for a nice little covered area, you'll know you've found it when you see a couple hitching posts and a picnic table.

Some considerations:

- Consider pants, my shins are pretty well scraped up from the branches and plants coming over the path. Gorgeous, but itchy.

- It's pretty clear that horses frequent this trail... By the smell at times. Not overwhelming, but omnipresent.

Overall a great hike, I went up through the woods and back down the gentle slope of the gravel road, extremely pleasant and quick.

I did not do the Holder trail as others seem to have done. Instead, I started at an unmarked trailhead that is just across the highway from the East Tiger Mountain trailhead. From there, you can make it to the Taylor mountain peak by way of old logging roads. I want to keep this positive, but honestly this road walk was one of the least remarkable hikes I've taken in a long time. To top it off, there was no view at the top.

Rode Holder Ridge, Beaver Pond Trail, Boot Trail, Sherwood trail, and route to the top of Taylor Mountain with fabulous views of the Olympics, Cascades, Mt Si, and many surrounding vistas. Riding my trusty horse. Holder Creek trail is closed for future logging. BOO HOO.

Went yesterday. Easy to find the trailhead and the 10 minutes of the trail that I actually got to do we're nice. Beautiful views of Rainier just 15 minutes up from the trailhead at an offshoot from the main trail where there was a lone picnic table in a clearing. A hiking companion cut the trip short though due to a deathly fear of snakes. And there were a lot of them. Little garter snakes who were minding their own business, scurrying away from us were at every turn!

I will come back someday with my two boys again, but without snake fearing hiking companions.

I can only imagine how good the views are from the top of the hill. King county has a very nice topo map of the trail on their website.

Me and my 7 & 3 yr old did Holder Ridge. Great short hike for the kids not to bad of an incline. Amazing views and the kids loved seeing horses on the trail. Definately will do it again.

was a good trail, did the holder peak and then got lost in some of the shoot off trails still really nice. some of the spots were boggy but that just made it more fun.

We did the Holder Creek and Holder Ridge trails last Saturday, Feb. 4th, for the King County employees wellness program. The Creek trail was pretty muddy and the end was not well marked (3 stars for it). The Ridge was great! Sunny and beautiful, with fantastic views of Mt. Rainier, the Olympics and Cascades (4 stars for it).