Swan Creek Trail

Swan Creek Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

After the recent rains and mudslides, there were a couple of precarious spots on the walking trail closest to the river. Otherwise it was a great hike!

Fairly easy hike, it can get a little muddy after the rain so come prepared. The trail runs parallel the to the creek and the sound of flowing water is very calming. I went on December and there were spawning salmon in the creek, it was an awesome experience.

Awesome outing. Lots of creepy crawlers to find, beautiful stream to walk along or through, just hours of fun. The trail is pretty moderate, anyone can do at the own pace.

It's not marked very well at all. I ended up on a bike trail with bike flying past me at very high speeds. It was very scary and they need to get some signs put up for the foot trail.

This is a great trail for running. Close to my house and rolling hills and well maintained trail. Perfect length for a good work out.

The lower trail starting from parking at Pioneer is nice. Occasionally difficult to follow the trail, but overall a fun, short trail. Trail maps could be better but the trails are short enough it's not a big deal.

Trail was ok. Started at pioneer and really didn't like the gravel and rock, was glad it wasn't the entire trail. I wish the trail was marked a little better that's why I gave it 3 stars. Was my first time and was trail running and with all the other small trails coming in and out it made it hard to know we were on the right trail. Loved the scenery.

A bit tiring towards the end with quick increase in elevation.

It was a blast to follow the trail out then bush wack threw the creek bed back out, love this trail and it's so close. I can not wait to do it again.

It was our first trail since moving here. For me the trail was a little difficult. For my boyfriend he said it was pretty easy.