Sunrise Ridge Trail to Mount Angeles

Sunrise Ridge Trail to Mount Angeles is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

Beautiful drive, beautiful visitors center. Clear trail, but not clear directions. When entering the parking lot, go in either of the first two trail entrances heading towards Klahanne Ridge. Follow that to the right for a couple miles before a junction, turn towards the right to continue on Klahanne Ridge or go straight up for a steep hike before a small scrambling section to the top of Mt. Angeles.
Super cool and something for all skill!

What a stunningly beautiful hike. This one has to rate with the best I've ever done. Beautiful views of Olympic snow capped high peaks, beautiful wild flowers, butterflies, yellow jackets and horseflies. Nice trail surface for those with sensitive knees, nicely spaced ups and downs to give your stress levels some variety. The climber's trail leading to the peak of Mt Angeles is a bit steeper, saw some snow banks left over from winter(now july22), saw a marmot, rabbit, yelled at a goat during the final scramble to the top. He looked down his nose at me and turned away as he rested on a nearby rock....never bothered us 4 at the top. Saw some flowers blooming in niches at the top along with Orange lichen. Hang on tight for the last 25 feet or so... Great views, worth the climb.

Great hike, probably closer to 6 or 7 miles with 2500 ft elev gain. None of these tracks go all the way to the tippy top. The scramble to the summit is quite exposed for the last little bit, but if you are careful and have good shoes it's doable and well worth it for the views. I had run ins with a couple goats up there, made for some tremendous photos!

geocaching

If you can manage it safely, the scramble to the summit is worth it! We took the very steep switchback trail on a hot day. Bring lots of water!

geocaching

Fun! Steep hike, lots of mountain goats so we couldn't go all the way to the summit, but if you're willing to do some climbing the summit is well worth it.

Great hike even though it was completely overcast and raining. Incredibly peaceful. Beautiful wildflowers everywhere. Went during the week and there was not another soul on the trail.

This Trail was awesome.
I did not have GPS with me or any way to track my exact mileage, but based on my map, I went about seven miles out to Rocky peak before turning around. So probably 14 miles round trip. It took about 6 or 7 hours to complete, but I was taking my time, stopping a lot and taking lots of pictures.

The trail gets REALLY beautiful right between Mount Angeles and Rocky peak, which seems to be technically called "Klahanne ridge". You can see Canada looking north, and a beautiful view of the olympic mountains to the south. Although it was mid July, there was plenty of snow still on the ground, in many places the trail was partially lost due to snow, but easy to find again.

There were a lot of mountain goat families. I saw at least 4 baby goats.

Saw the sun setting very close to the visitor center on my return trip and then turned around and watched the moon rise over the mountains. Luckily, i was there during one of the rare "super moons" in which the moon is much larger than usual. It was incredible.

Amazing hike, amazing views, great wildlife...

Elevation gain was misleading... the highest point on the trail was only about 1000ft higher than the trailhead, but there was a lot of ups and downs along the way, so i would estimate a total of 2500 ft elevation gain at the end of the day.

Set out on the trail about 10:30 AM. The visitors to Hurricane Ridge weren't too thich yet and the deer seemed unimpressed with us humans. The forecast called for 80 and sunny skies, it did not disappoint. The trail is well marked except for the junctions, which could stand for a little way pointing. No obstructions, blow downs or snow to cross for at least as far as the trail junction to go to Mt Angles shoulder. For my first visit to the Olympics it was pleasant enough. Beautiful views but no water so make sure to bring at least 2L. You will spend most time exposed to the sun as my crispy arms can attest. Disappointed no Mt goats though :( Wild flowers were in bloom.

I have been to Hurricane Ridge several times, but this was my first time snowshoeing in the area. There are several trails interconnecting from the lodge - the High Ridge/Sunrise Point trails head northeast towards Mt Angeles. The snow covered mountains and trees were gorgeous. The road which is only open Fri-Sun in the winter (weather permitting) was snow free. Note, they have a sign at the NP entrance that carrying chains is required. There was no need to chain up but I guess they want people to have them as an emergency. Knowing the weather can be unpredictable up top I got there early. Hurricane Ridge was above the clouds when I arrived but by noon the low clouds had risen and the views were partially blocked. It may have cleared later in the afternoon after I left. If you don't have snowshoes or skis you can rent them at the lodge. The views might be slightly better from the top of the Hurricane Hill trail but pretty much any of the trails along Hurricane Ridge offer breathtaking views of the Olympic mountains to the south and the open sea to the north.

We took a summer hike. Nice ridge top areas, primitive trail to the backside, and plenty of well traveled areas for types.

This is one of the prettiest views of the Olympic Mt range with Port Angeles @ it's bottom then crossing the Straight of Juan de Fuca you can see Victoria, BC & the Canadian Rockies on a clear day.....
Anyone who visits me I bring up here :)