Suntop Trail

Suntop Trail is a 16.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buckley, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Enumclaw: Drive 29.9 miles east on State Hwy. 410 to Buck Creek Road #7160. Turn right and follow 0.3 mile to FR #7160210. Turn left and drive 0.8 mile to the trailhead.

AWESOME snowshoe-but definitely a butt kicker!! Much more like 12 miles instead of 9.5-but WELL worth it!! Sights from the top are incredible!!!

The first few miles were crowded with many friendly folks on horseback, after that I didnt encounter anybody except a few mountain bikers. The trail is nicely maintained and has a nice variety of terrain, through deep shadowed glades under huge old trees, scrambles across sunny, rocky faces, and misty, mossy streams. The incline is healthy in a few places. The view from the sunny top is well worth the climb.

My friend and I started this snowshoe journey a little after 9am on New Years Day...whatta way to ring in the new year, huh? Santa brought me snowshoes this year and this was my first venture in them. We parked across from the forest service tree farm and thats where we started. We basically just hiked the road all the way up then took a left onto a trail, just past mile marker 5. The last half mile was steep with switchbacks to the top. The sun was out and it was REALLY cold and soooo worth the hike. The views from atop are absolutely breathtaking!!!
Some other friends started a little later and one of them met up with us towards the top. Was a really awesome day. I was sore for about 3 days...but it was a good sore;-)