Sugarloaf Mountain Trail

Sugarloaf Mountain Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this is also known as mount Eric

Well - first of all get a trail map or at least take a picture of map at trail head. There are many alternate trails throughout connecting to different longer routes and final destinations. I believe I did a portion of trail from this sites map - maybe slightly shorter. I did get to Sugarloaf Mountain top for the scenic views, which were lovely. The beginning of hike is kind of steep, but overall moderate. I'd say it is worth checking out as well as the other trails. Look at your map ahead of time a plan out where you want to go

Lots of options depending on your hiking ability. Great view at the top as well.

Fun trail with lots of opportunity for steep hiking.

Great hike to both Sugarloaf and Mount Erie. The trail is beautifully maintained. My friends and I practically had the trail to ourselves, we saw maybe 15 people total on the trail. It was packed at the top of Erie. Beautiful clear day the views at both peaks were amazing. Take a map with you so you stay on the right path. There are many numbered paths. On the way back down it was easy, didn't need the map anymore we remembered the numbers. The trails are very clearly marked.

Terrible hiking. The view is only at the peak, which you could drive to. Just drive up and save yourself the trouble.

Good family hike.

Loved the hike, the elevation change was manageable by even my 5 year old (with minimal complaining). The views from the top are GREAT.

Like others have noted, there are multiple trails in this area. The reported 0.5 miles that is listed is incorrect, you can link up to others trails and hike all day. Summit Mt.Erie for some of the best views of the Sound I have found.

After a very short but riveting elevation gain you are rewarded with beautiful vistas of the Islands of the Puget Sound. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the area.
I did this long ago in 2006, but have the pictures saved on my computer.
Many other hikes run off of thisone and they go by number.You must take map and lots to drink. Go on a clear day to enjoy the views.

This is a short trail but it is close to other trails so you can enjoy this great view atop Sugar Loaf and then cont. hiking