Stimpson Nature Preserve

Stimpson Nature Preserve is a 3 mile loop trail located near Bellingham, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from May until December.

Beaver pond, wildlife including cougars This trail opened in October of 2003. It is well maintained through a dense forest. The start of the trail passes a large beaver pond. Cougars have been sighted in the area so pay attention. Water crossings have new wooden bridges. The name "Nature Reserve" is well deserved. This land was donated by the Stimpson family.

nice little hike with my workmate.

Great trail when it's super hot out.

Gorgeous trail. Walked the pond loop and the normal loop. The scenery is an amazing forest view. The trail is a little narrow at times, but very well maintained.

Lovely Sunday afternoon hike. Restrooms. Easy parking access to trailhead.

This trail is beautiful! Mossy, marshy rain forest with some elevation to keep your heart pumping. We liked the unexpected views and its well kept consistency.

Great easy trail. I am not in shape and I found this trail to provide enough challenge that I felt that it was worth it, but I never felt like it was very difficult. There is a little elevation gain, but nothing too strenuous. It would be great for trail running. The sign at the trailhead says there are are no dogs allowed.

We did this with a scout group of 11 kids & it was perfect. Not over crowded or too strenuous.

Great trail short and sweet

This is a nice trail! Not strenuous at all. No dogs welcome so be aware!

Cool trail! I was hoping to be attacked by the Owls like the last guy claimed, but that did not happen. This trail is easy to navigate and a fun hour hike.

a great little day hike...not too hard and plenty to look at

Very nice easy Sunday hike

I love this trail, however I was attacked by two owls on it last night.

They chased me for 5~10 minutes over about a half mile.

At first I ducked punch at their feet. Then I picked up a stick and was able to duck, run and fend them off.

They were big and silent when in flight. it was pretty scary. got my heart rate up anyway.

at the end they let up and I was able to get one of the last dive bombs on video (kind of, tough to hold a camera while swinging a stick left handed while dropping in to a squatting position).