Staircase Rapids Nature Loop Trail Four Stream to North Fork

Staircase Rapids Nature Loop Trail Four Stream to North Fork is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lilliwaup, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Short loop trail through forests and along a stream at the Staircase ranger station on Lake Cushman.

so pretty.

Great short hike with kids. The Olympics are always awesome to explore.

Loved it. Easy for kids as well. Absolutely amazing place.

Great trail! Would def go again! Not to hard. just perfect. Gorgeous water views.

Beautiful! one if the best hikes I've been on!!

First trail for me and my wife. Beautiful views along the river.

National Park Pass or entry fee of $25 per car required so go prepared. Beautiful drive along Lake Cushman where you can swim and dive off huge boulders. Staircase has a campground as well as several trails. This is one of the smallest and easier of the trail options. Great for all ages. NO dogs on trails. Beautiful forest, river, and nature scenes.

This is a nice short loop trail that runs along the river in the National Park. Great if you are camping in the park, or have park passes, otherwise you will have to pay $25 to get in.
Easily accessible, and should be no problem for your and old.
Take side trail to incredible fallen 'big cedar' tree.
Dogs not allowed

went to go hike staircase and when we got there discover passes were no good. they wanted us to pay $25 a car and walk in $10 a person to walk a trail. Pretty ridiculous in my book. so be prepared with money to do this hike. not worth the price so we went to another trail that was free.

Very simple. Boring. Actual trail confusing to follow. Would recommend for families with young children.

Our favorite place to take visiting family and friends.

If you're an experienced hiker you might feel disappointed if so inclined but you'll be pressed for something solid to complain about.

The trails are easy enough for our 3 yo son and my 66 yo mother-in-law but they're "uneven" enough to make you feel like you achieved something.

And gorgeous sights.

Great for kids tons of history and a great jump point for longer hikes in the area Mt Eleanor Rose Copper Creek Dry Creek Flap Jacks Big Creek and more.

Would have liked to do this hike. However, it's reported that its a dog friendly trail and it is not. The trail is located inside the Olympic national park. Double checked with the ranger who confirmed dogs are not allowed on this trail. So just an FYI, in case someone reads the description above, pets are allowed in the park but not on the trails. Labeling this trail as pet friendly is very misleading. I'll go back another time without my dog and check it out though. Looks promising.

This trail was fantastic!! We brought along our 5 year old, and our one year old rode along on daddy's back! Our 5 year old loved it. The views were amazing, the sounds of the river were awesome. We branched off a bit at the Four Stream Trail and only got about a half mile in before we decided to turn back. There were some felled trees blocking the path, but you could easily walk around them or go over and under. This trail was definitely a workout for us, being as were only beginners, but the area is so beautiful we can't wait to go back!

I love this trail!! I've hike it a few times this year. This past Sunday was pretty crowded, people with dogs (NO DOGS ALLOWED!) people jumping on the suspension bridge when others were trying to cross. People throwing their packs from boulders while people were on the trail. It was an odd day that I hadn't experienced before. But I still love the trail, go during the weekday.

No Dogs Allowed!! we didn't know and brought our pup along... as it turned out, we couldn't go on the trail because of it. we'll have to go back again without her.