Squires Lake Trail

Squires Lake Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions Take I-5 to exit 242 and drive east 3/4 of a mile to the trailhead and parking area.

It's a beautiful area. The hike was nice. Well maintained trail with adjoining trails if you want to do more.

Pretty boring hike if you like a little challenge. If you like an easy afternoon walk this is the hike for you.

It was a very nice short hike. The pond was full of frogs and you could hear them all day. Just right for kids and someone who is new to hiking

Perfect first hike. Loved the benches by the Lake.

Great little hike. Saw lots of wildlife.

A nice hike with great views.

Easy trail with a couple side loops to add if you want. This was our 3rd hike and we used it as a walk after breakfast just to stretch our legs and burn off some food. Lake was glass smooth. I will attempt to upload a photo or two.

A nice little mid-week hike. Most of the elevation gain is in the first 1/3 mile. Then your looking at a nice view of the lake. The trail loops around the lake, providing several nice views, areas to relax and even a few benches along the way. There was a solo fisherman out on the lake. Beginning blooms of the bleeding hearts and lots of skunk cabbage in full bloom.

Nice loop around the lake. I went counter clockwise. Areas to explore and some good spots for sitting and observing nature. I went on a drizzly day and had it all to myself! Kids will enjoy the beaver ponds.

I really enjoy this hike. I take my dog along with me. I don't let her go off leash except to chase stick in the pond. Many people don't leash their dogs on this hike so if you have your dog please leash up when another dog approaches. I've never had a problem with other dogs but it only takes one mean dog.....

Did this hike with kids. Fairly steep for the first half mile to the lake. Then not too steep around the lake but expected more views. Not too bad.

As a born and raised WA girl , I've been to a lot of trails and this is one of my favs. The lake was quiet and serene with a lot of trails to choose from with interesting side pathways to sitting areas by the water. My dog loved the mixture of flat trails to one's with a good incline with roots and moss . plus the hike up to the lake was fun! It makes you feel like your going to a hidden place. This lake is full of great suprises.

Great little trail. Several spots to sit and enjoy the peace. 3 or 4 small side trails as well.

It's a nice scenic hike with many views of Squires Lake. It was nice to watch all the fish jumping tonight. Did notice that some of the leaves have started to fall already.

Really great and easy hike! Loved that it branched off to another trail, Beaver Lake loop. We saw freshly cut trees by beavers Nd their dam! Loved it!