Spider Meadow Trail

Spider Meadow Trail is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Leavenworth, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October.

10.0 miles 2000 feet Out & Back

Reasonable hike for what you get. wildflower, large meadow, and surrounding mountain peaks. long hike, but not too difficult. get there early if you want an established campsite as they fill up quickly, especially in summer.
also, be prepared for a long, dusty, bumpy drive up to trail head.
if you are looking for a longer trip, push through spider gap to lyman lakes for even prettier views, glaciers, and more privacy.

Fantastic hike! The water crossings are a bit high for early July, be prepared to get wet! Recommend taking some Tevas. Still some snow on the trail too, but should be melted out soon. Will have to return for an overnight stay and get to the Gap!

Heaven on earth!! Just got back from an overnight and will make this a yearly treat. You just can't go wrong with a trail that offers such scenery. Waterfalls, meadows, creeks, forests, high mountain peaks, oh my!!

The trail is in excellent condition with only a few blow downs that were easy to climb over. We crossed the meadow and headed to Phelps Basin but stopped short of reaching it. The meadow is still alive with wild flowers and while the trailhead looked like a parking lot for a rock concert we encountered surprisingly few people on the trail itself.

The 25 miles on the dirt road aren't as nasty as I've read though it is certainly a bit jostling in spots. If you decide to go, don't make it a day hike you truly MUST stay the night. The bugs were a bit agressive so apply your DEET or whatever bug remedy you prefer.

This is my favorite hike and can't wait to go back and explore more.

My favorite place to hike and camp in Washington. Beautiful scenery, cold clear water, amazing wildflowers in season. My friends and I are making this our yearly "must-do" backpacking trip.

fall is in the air
the fact that it drizzled the whole 2 days we were up there did little to change the fact that the place was amazing. I dont think u could add more colors if u were painting a pic. As we were going in on a sunday there were tons of people coming out but only 2 groups we seen staying over that night. Lots of the endangered marmots running around but little other wildlife to be seen, lots of deer tracks thought.
If your going to do this hike take the time to go to the top of spider gap the view is well worth the steep climb to the top, we found that following the glacier is a much more difficult route then if u take the side trail to the top of hill then follow ridge.(once your up near the glacier and the trail seems to disapear)
Although the glaciers are mostly gone they are still amazing to see in person i expecialy liked the red snow on the higher ones. this trip is a must in my book :)