Spectacle Lake

Spectacle Lake is a 17 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is accessible from July until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike, awesome mountain views of Lemah, Chikamins, and three queens. Camping on the peninsula offers plentiful access to water and amazing views.

Wow-amazing hike!!! My one and only complaint was that we did not camp up at Spectacle (we camped at Pete's Lake) because there were (and I quote) "100 people camping and partying up there!"
The lakes were beautiful! The hike was a butt-kicker! The river was tough to cross...slippery rocks and fast moving water. All worth it!!

My wife and I did this as day hike. It was a beautiful fall day, cool in the morning (upper 40s) and into the 70s in the afternoon. The fall colors among the undergrowth were amazing, and Spectacle Lake is great, well worth it.

Note: We found a pair of prescription eyeglasses by the waterfall. Anybody missing them call me at (425) 443 2385.

The road to the trail is paved until the last few miles which is the usual potholed gravel, but passable in our little hatchback.
The trailhead is at Cooper Lake, and from there the path goes past Pete Lake, across the river (easy to cross in September with low flows), joins up with the PCT, and then there's a 1/2 mile spur to the lake.
We clocked it as 18 miles round trip. The path is pretty flat for most of the way. The last mile or two are fairly steady switchbacks with about 1500 feet net elevation gain, but few rocky or rooty patches. So overall, it's a relatively easy path, just long for a day hike. We left the trailhead at 8am, and with time spent at the lake didn't get back until 8pm, about an hour after dark.
Most of the trail is open to horses, so you'll find the usual presents along the way, but it makes for a wide and easy trail.
The first half of the trail up to Pete Lake and beyond is fairly open forest, but with no views. The second half goes along the PCT through a forest fire from a few years back and this gives great views out into the valley and the mountains beyond.
Spectacle Lake is one of the prettiest lakes I've seen the Alpine Wilderness. It has a rock isthmus you can walk along and lots of good places to camp or just take a lunch break. Highly recommended.

It is quite a spectacle! This beautiful lake is nestled in a bowl above the Pacific Crest Trail. A destination unto itself, or as a short side trip from the PCT, this lake is worth a visit.