South Tiger Mountain Trail

South Tiger Mountain Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, WA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

South Tiger Mountain is a 6.0 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

this trail is awesome, easy to run ! 1 spot for horse poop but go around it, total loop to power lines was 4.23miles.. a couple water spots but you can walk around or step on a log.

There aren't many viewpoints but this is a very lush and beautiful area. Our biggest complaint with this trail was the amount of horse poop present. There were narrow parts of the trail that were very difficult to get around the piles. You constantly had to be looking at the ground to make sure you weren't going to step in anything because it was just about every minute that you would run into another pile. We ended up hiking the forest road down and then onto Tiger Mountain Rd SE back to our car just so we wouldn't have to deal with it. Doing this actually brought us to a nice viewpoint where we were able to overlook the valley and see other mountains in the distance. Overall this is not a bad hike, we just wish there was better trail etiquette from the equestrian riders.

Nice, easy trail through the woods. Very lush and full of wildlife. It's a great quick, easy hike to get you out of the house. Some narrow areas but overall a good hike for kids, as well.

Nice moderate trail and a good exercise of comparing the Green Trails map with an app and with reality. Both are good to have: Green Trails for planning and for The Big Picture, this app for figuring out the fine nuances of where you are at those confusing intersections.

No great views but a fine trail, we went out for conditioning with heavier packs. Overgrown and nettles/blackberry vines in places. Went to the summit and used the horse trail as well. Great weather today. We had a great time.

Good hike. We started at the inversion railroad and met up with south tiger loop. 7 1/2 miles total. It was pouring down rain and very muddy but what else do you expect in January.

Not our kind of hike. Fairly flat and no good views. It you're looking for a non scenic walk then you wouldn't mind it.

We hiked this trail on Boxing Day. It was a beautiful day and the trail was lovely. We had a late start, but still made it up to the power lines at the top where there was a nice layer of snow. Did a couple different loop trails, making it about a 5.5 mile trek. Dog-friendly, which is a priority for us.

No views and boring, lots of other trails nearby that are better choices.

9/24/2015 (Thursday) -- Another lovely sunny day of the fall, 66-70F in the shade, 80F under the sun. Parking place is on the other side of the trailhead, can hold about a dozen cars, but when I arrived and left, there was only one other than mine. The trailhead is easy to miss, but if you see the school bus yellow sign, that's the trailhead (there is a big tree root). The trail (mainly TMT) is in very good condition, well maintained with overgrown cut, gentle incline, wide and smooth, but the east-side horse trail of the small loop (see the map) is not maintained with thick overgrown. While going to the north end of the small loop, turn left and then turn right on to the steep service road with the sign "South Tiger Traverse Trail". The service road leads to the power line opening, where there is the awesome view to the west, including Olympic Mountains. Then, follow the dirt trail (not service road) up into the forest again. The northern part of the trail is low trees with view to the west and the north. Then, I took the service road up to the end, and take a look at the other Tiger Mountain summits (Middle, East). The return trip takes TMT on the eastern side of South Tiger back to the trailhead (crossing a short section of service road). Few people hike this part of trails, so traffic is very light.

My husband and I have hiked this trail at least three times this year. We live in Auburn so it is close enough for a short trip to get good exercise. The trailhead is hard to find due to almost no signage (I believe maybe some of these bad reviews are due to people not actually finding the real trail). If you're coming from Issaquah-Hobbart Rd then you will see a dirt/gravel parking area off the road on the left side. Park there then head further up the road a little bit and cross the street close to the yellow road sign. When you get close to it you will see a clearing and possibly some signs on a tree. The path is very clear from there even when overgrown. In the spring the trail was very clear with no bugs and little mud. I just went on Sunday (July) and the trail was very overgrown. There were lots of bugs in the deep wooded area, close to the road, but if I kept moving they didn't bother me much. Due to the recent drought it was very dry and the little springs and waterfalls we have seen before where all dried up. At the end of that part of the trail there are multiple paths to take (one left, three right). The horse trail loops back and is kind of rough. To get to the power line summit take either of the trails on the right, they loop together, as long as you turn off the road at the sign by the steep gravel slope. The trail going left heads into a residential area and possibly private property. Due to the uphill climbs it is a great work out.

My friend and I took my dog on this hike today. We only saw two other groups on the trail. It was a good hike - mostly clear trail but in areas, lots of brush (sticker bushes). We ended up doing a total of 8.44 miles (not sure how - we followed all of the South Tiger Mt Trail signs) and never reached the summit… after a little over 2 hours, we turned around. It was a peaceful hike that we both really enjoyed; just wish we had reached the top!

A nice trail with a great view out to the Olympics at the power line break. The horse trail was a little muddy but some nice key hole view points

Started off on the Tiger Mountain main trail headed North and looped around to the left to get on the Tiger Mountain South trail heading back towards the vehicle. I probably would have missed the trail head entrance from Tiger Mountain Road if there hadn't been another vehicle parked on the shoulder. We ended up hiking this route during the AFC and NFC Championship games while it was also raining so we saw no one else out there. Had a lot of fun, plan on spending more time wandering around this state forest.

Went on a late Wednesday afternoon and missed the parking a couple of times before I realized it's just street parking. There were no other cars around. The trail itself is very narrow and overgrown, and I ran into spiderwebs every 5 feet or so. After a half a mile I decided to turn around and head to Poo Poo instead. I didn't feel safe alone, especially not knowing the trail. I would try it again if I had some others with me.

Fun hike, not over populated which is awesome.

Nice and relatively easy hike. A bit overgrown in sections in summer months. Very nice views on clear days.

Went on a hike around noon today, ran in to only one other hiker on the trail.

A great view at the top of the trail. Power lines are there but it makes an amazing clearing to view all of the south king county.