Snow Lake Trail

Snow Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

beach

old growth

The first 2 miles are direct, and the final has rock blasted switchbacks to the top of the ridge. Pay attention to signs, because you need to branch right off the trail about 2 miles in. Enjoy the hike.

It was foggy at the lake and couldn't really see anything. Looking forward to going back during the summer then on to gem lake!

Its a beautiful hike but not for beginners and we where not prepared. I recommend a backpack and water shoes. We didn't realize you had cross over rivers to get to the other side. Start very early in morning and take your time. It is totally worth the trip/hike.

Good hike enjoyed walking down to the lake but burr is that water cold. Saw some crazy people jumping in.

It was a beautiful day up on the mountain. I went up with a couple friends and even though the whole thing was covered with snow we hiked it just fine in hiking boots. At least 2-3 feet deep snow on either side of the trail but amazing views at the top with a clear blue sky and a warm sun on a cold mountain. Definitely will do this hike again during the summer when most of the snow has melted.

This is a very gorgeous hike. It is very open the majority of the way up. It is several miles up but it only took me & my mom about 45 minutes to get to the top. It was very easy (but too be fair this was when I was fit so I wouldn't take my word for it). Super gorgeous up top & a bunch of cute puppies all over that people brought with them.

the views were amazing!

Snow camping for 4 days. It was an expedition. There was nothing like waking up in the morning with the mountain all to yourself. Fun and crazy. Would I do it again? Maybe in 2 years.

One of the best trails I've hiked yet. Absolutely gorgeous in the winter time. Wore regular hiking boots and they worked for me just fine, just got a little tricky in a couple soft spots. Didn't end up finishing this hike but hopefully I'll be back soon!

Beautiful trail. I went back in November. The lake is so beautiful- there was just too many people there. I'd like to try going snowshoeing here sometime.

A hike with a lot of up and overs to get to the lake! The hike starts out flat and slowly climbs. It was snowing most of the time we were going up (12/3/2016). The views halfway through were amazing. Apparantly we went when there was a moderate avalanche warning so we started to get careful when another person told us.

The lake was beautiful but it was starting to snowstorm down on us so we decided to head back. Going down was the fun part! There were slopes for us to belly slide and butt slide down, it was a blast!

STUNNING HIKE! Unforgettable experience. A winter wonderland ❄️❄️

We did this by mistake thinking we were going to Snow Lake near Mount Rainier and were wholly unprepared. Our intent was to take engagement pictures but after it not being a stroll in the woods I was getting cranky and pissed. However, once we got to the top, it was so worth it! We ended up getting AMAZING pictures. We went on a weekend and it wasn't horribly crowded either, though this was a while ago we went.

Amazing trail. Made the hike in August and in November and really enjoyed both trips. Lots of small waterfalls and the side trail to Source Lake is short but worth it if you want to make the trip a little longer. Definitely go all the way down to Snow Lake and don't just turn around at the top of the trail. Absolutely spectacular views of the mtns and lake.

My favorite hike in the area. Make sure to plan for time to reach Gem Lake, next along the trail.

Excellence trail for family outdoor activity, great scenery and wonderful climate.

Make sure you got good traction because there's wet and rocky terrain. View of the lake at the top was gorgeous!