Skyscraper Mountain Trail

Skyscraper Mountain Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Parkwood, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

I hiked this mid August with my boyfriend. It is by far one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done. Most of the trail isn't too challenging, the only part I found difficult was the peak itself, that was painful but the views from the top were amazing so it was worth it.

7/2/16 The trail up to the summit at this point is pretty much snow free with a few snow fields to cross! Early morning as always is the best (less foot traffic) in this area! Bugs were at a minimum ,did see some goats and marmots !

Sunday 9-27-2015: My wife and I hiked to the summit of Skyscraper mountain in Mount Rainier National Park. The weather was perfect, no cloud in the sky, not cold, not hot either. We started at Sunrise at 10 am. We saw a herd of mountain goats near Frozen Lake. We reached Skyscraper Mountain at 1 pm. There was no one else at the summit of Skyscraper Mountain. We enjoyed 360 degree view dominated by Mount Rainier. We had lunch at the summit and left at 1:20 pm and returned to Sunrise by 3 pm.

Best hike I've ever done. Great views and the trail wasn't too strenuous. The last scramble up the mountain is well worth the sweat!

I didn't do the mountain, but I did do the pass. I found the trail rather easy, and I had already done Freemont Lookout that morning. . We started from Sunrise Vistor Center