Skyline Loop Trail

Skyline Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until September.

wheelchair friendly

From Tacoma, south 40 miles on Highway 7 to Elbe. Turn east on Highway 706 and drive 10 miles to the Nisqually Entrance Station. Continue 18 miles to the National Park Inn at Paradise. The trailhead is behind the inn.

Lots of people but it thins out as you climb. Wildflowers for days!

Hiked this trail only partially in June several summers ago. So many beautiful wildflowers.

Everything was socked in and you couldn't see more than 20ft in front of you at some points, it was also snowing for most of the hike. I will be returning next summer when it clears because the views have got to be amazing!

Rainier was socked in, but we still enjoyed the Panorama stop, saw marmots playing and a black bear foraging for food with her cub. Great park volunteers encouraged our hike pass by Edith Falls and noted the abundance of wild flowers along the at including the Pasque and Monkey flowers growing up. Breathtaking even with the overcast!

The most popular area of the park for good reason!

Never disappointed in hiking here

So beautiful to hike the Skyline Loop in August when the wildflowers are in bloom. Caught the trail at Paradise. Near the top of the trail, near Panorama Point, we took the High Skyline Trail a little higher. There is a BATHROOm up there! Hiked down Golden Gate Trail with switchbacks through the meadow. Ended at Myrtle Falls and back to Paradise. Some of the loop covered in snow. Saw lots of Marmots. Not a lot of mosquitos.

Wow

Beginning to me, was the worst part!

Totally socked in with clouds and fog. We were going to go up to Camp Muir but with no view we didn't feel the extra effort was worth it.

Almost completely covered in snow in June. I wished I had my hiking poles-I think I would have enjoyed it more. Very well marked in snow. The mountain was covered by clouds so our experience was a little disappointing. The trail is well maintained and well used.

Beautiful view of the glacier

One of my favorite trails.
You can see glacier, wildflowers (August) and gorgeous landscape.
Don't miss it!

One of the great loop trails in America. Can't say much more . . Just do it!