Silver Star Trail

Silver Star Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Washougal, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, mountain biking, and snowboarding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

snowboarding

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends the trailhead. Many directions from Battleground are crap. Type in these coordinates into google maps or your iPhone and you'll get there: 45.7673, -122.2433 YOU WILL NEED A VEHICLE WITH CLEARANCE

Camped at right near the top of silverstar this New Years weekend. The trails are non existent, covered with snow and ice. I do not recommend for anyone unfamiliar with the trail this time of year. All in all it was a great trip

Definitely happy my friend had her truck no way would a regular car make it up to this trail head , however big advantage is it felt like the whole mountain was yours we only saw someone one time and they were leaving the path. You could make this into a short hike or keep wandering and connect to other trails and make it into a longer hike. Bring shoes with decent traction because a lot of the path is covered in lose rocks so coming back down trail you might have to take it little slower . Short hike up and you have an amazing view !

The summit features awesome views of St Helens, Adams, Ranier, Hood, the Columbia River, and Portland, all from the same spot! Medium difficulty hike with some more difficult offshoots. Get up there during the Golden Hour and you'll bank some awesome shots! If your going in the evening plan for some stronger winds, and a good light to get you home in the dark.

Amazing trail with a view of 5 different major mountains on a clear day. very well maintained, wide path, not dangerous in the slightest. perfect hike for families. Wild berries along the whole trail. It's only moderately hard at the very last push and that's only because of the incline. I consider it an easy trail. If you do not have a higher clearance vehicle you WILL NOT make it up if you drive the route using FR-4109. It's pretty treacherous. If car is your only way I suggest parking at the bottom of FR-4109, on DNR-1100, and walking the couple extra miles up or you'll probably regret it. I might suggest being more careful towards the evening as I saw fresh Elk sign (prints, rubs) and very fresh bear skat as well in the middle of the path. Although both animals will most likely leave you alone, if you startle them they may attack and we're talking multi hundred pound animals with the ability to ruin your day in a hurry. But it's a well traveled trail, so stay loud and aware and you'll be fine

Great hike! The view, the flowers, a nice spot to sit at the top for lunch...but you need to be dedicated to your climb the road to the trailhead is not for the faint of heart, SUV or truck advised :)

Great hike. Went with two other families with 5 kids and all had a great time. The road in is officially dubbed the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. Unfortunately the clouds were low so limited view from the top but I simply didn't matter. Enjoy!

As a lot of people already said, you need at minimum an SUV to make it to the trail head, and you need a Discovery Pass. The trail is well maintained and is a gradual climb, plenty of places to stop and rest with amazing views along the way. The views from the top are just incredible! We saw 6 mountains and the 3 sisters peaks. We took our dogs, I would suggest doggie shoes, we didn't have them and my poor pups pads are tore up. There was also quite a few dogs off leash, which became an issue at one point as a ' oh he's friendly', to me having to step in between 'friendly' and my dog. Please leash your dogs. Overall it was a great hike.

2 miles before the trail head, the road gets pretty rough. I would suggest having a high clearance vehicle. Also, there are no bathrooms. But other than that, it was great! Spectacular views and beautiful wild flowers.

Gorgeous hike with incredible views the entire route! The road up is a little rough, so I'd recommend taking an SUV or larger vehicle that has some clearance. The hike has a gradual elevation gain with breathtaking scenery. Easy for kids. If you take a dog I would recommend dog shoes as it is a rocky trail. (Our pup tore his padding on his paws) I have done this hike several times and it is a great one for our little family.

We hiked Silver Star early fall last year, and it was beautiful! It was so clear that we could see 3 Sisters!

The only issue was getting to the trail head, we have a 2014 Focus Se and could not make it walk the way up,as it sat too low. so we hiked about 1/2 way up. Worth it.

Beautiful views of 5 peaks