Silver Peak Trail

Silver Peak Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, WA that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

First half of the trail is actually a part of famous Pacific Crest Trail. The trailhead is located on intersection of National Forest Development Road 9070 and the Pacific Crest trail, and direction to Silver Peak is to South from the intersection. After hiking about 1.7 miles, there is a fork, which doesn't have any sign, so can be missed easily. However, there is a rock pyramid at the entry point, which can be a good mark to look for. The second part of trail is much steeper, and requires some kind of scrambling closer to the top of Silver Peak. View from the top is great. Most of surrounding mountains are easily visible, including Granite Mountain, Snoqualmie Mountain, Catherine Mountain, Tinkham Peak, etc.

It was a great hike! Loved it would defiantly recommend anyone doing this.

Worth it

June 27th, 2016: Trail head was HARD to find. Three other hikers came back that I passed. Fortunately, one took my offer to come along. We ended up finding the SMALL rock design, and somehow, never really followed the actual trail while ascending. Today was pretty hot, but not as hot as when I did Mailbox about 3-4 weeks ago. Due to the trail not being used much this season, it was difficult to stay on path. On the way down, we were able to follow it much better. Enough snow to glissade for 20-30 feet in parts, but without needing ice axes or crampons.

LOTS of loose rocks at the top...especially the smaller ones. Parts of the rock trail were definitely not for the super afraid of heights.

In my opinion, this view was the best overall I've seen in climbing Mailbox, Granite mtn, and now Silver Peak since moving to the area in late April this year.

Overall, I liked this trail, but ironically, I wasn't as aerobically tired as from Mailbox or Granite. Still definitely worth all of it. I've tried to put good pictures on the trail page/site.