Seven Lakes Loop Trail

Seven Lakes Loop Trail is a 17.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forks, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

From Port Angeles, west 30 miles on U.S. 101 to Sol Duc Hot Springs Road. Turn left and drive 14 miles to the trailhead at the end of the road

Did this at a leisure pace. it was beautiful. bugs were out of control as I went during high season. However, it was still worth the views and time on trail. We did this in the reverse direction as most, and I think it was worth it. The trail was busy so going in the opposite direction was nice.

This is a must do!

Great easy hike to awesome waterfall. You won't regret the hike

Best trail I have ever been on in a (26 year) lifetime of national park trips and a decade of backpacking. The vistas from the ridgeline are the kind that make you drop your gear and just sit in silence for a while. Maybe not as much wildlife as other places (Elk herd - 2 miles away, mountain goat - 100 feet away) but the scenery is second to none.

Excellent and long
10 hours (incl swimming)

My mother and I made this a day hike and started at 10:30a.m. I would suggest starting earlier, to get the most enjoyment out of the day. It took around 10 hours, we weren't hoofing it crazy but we also didn't take any stops greater than a couple minutes. I would definitely do it again as a day hike, just leave early to get to explore the area with more ease. I would suggest doing this hike in one day if camping is not an option. It would make a challenging trail run as well. My GPS died at 12.5 miles and we had put in over 4,800 feet. (I think the elevation recorded on sites is not the total net gain). We were definitely spent after this beautiful day of hiking. Some of the best hiking views I've encountered!!
Next time: bring food, and more water!

First part away from Sol Duc Falls is generally flat. Then it climbs, climbs, climbs! It connects to the lakes basin & ridge after pushing up. Beautiful rain forrest then high mountain lakes!

The length of this trail is kind of confusing, it is about a 19.5 mile loop (although it feels longer). We started at the trail head around 2PM on a Wednesday, hiked through Deer Lake, settling in at Lunch Lake to camp around 7:30PM. The next day we packed up and headed out, arriving at Heart Lake for lunch & a swim. We were told there is a family of goats here, which we heard but did not see. Between Lunch and Heart Lake is Bogachiel Peak (a short side trail to the highest point, which we did not do) and the trail starts to descend from there. Camping at Lunch added about .5 miles each way and a 400ft or so elevation change, totaling our trip to about 20.5 miles and 4400ft elevation gain.

There were a decent amount of folks on the trail for a Wednesday/Thursday, but it was right before the holiday weekend. I imagine weekends in the summer would be moderately to heavily trafficked. It was very beautiful and you get a little bit of everything (glacier views, waterfalls, old growth forests, etc). Next time we do this trial we will give ourselves 3 days & 2 nights and bring a LOT less stuff. We met a woman on the trail that ran it in a day and said it is one of her favorite trails in the state, which I think speaks enough about the trail.

I did this as a backpacking trip years ago. It was rough for me because I packed too much, but the views from Deer Lake are phenomenal. Walking through a field of wildflowers on the way to Sol Duc Falls was amazing. Peaceful and quiet. Pack light and bring plenty of water and jerky and you'll be fine.

Just do it....

It was a long haul but it was worth it. Deer lake is a nice sub alpine lake but the best views and lakes are in the basin at the top. You also get a great view of Mt. Olympus on the other side of the ridge from the lakes basin. The trail back down along the Sol Doc River has some really impressive old growth to wander through along with a lot of interesting fungi (At this time of year, September).

Beautiful and long! It was 24.5 miles in total from the parking lot with variety of different terrains. Strenuous hike. A lot of mountains, wildlife, lakes and sun. I enjoy hiking along the peak the most. I would recommend starting the hike as early as possible. There are a lot of areas that have no shade and can get extremely hot and sunny. Bugs were at a minimum at this time.

This is a stairmaster from hell trail so pace yourself. Once you reach Heart Lake the reason for hiking this trail becomes breathtakingly apparent. Quite often you will see bear, elk, deer, and mountain goat. The view of Mt. Olympus is nothing short of amazing!