Riverside State Park Loop

Riverside State Park Loop is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First hike in Spokane and using this app. Went in January with a lot of snow, but Trail was still accessible. Beautiful views. Easy enough for our kids. Suspension bridge is cool!

Riverside State Park is one of my Favorite places to go for a day hike/walk. They are pet friendly, the views are great and the terrain is easy to navigate if you are just starting or have little ones. Camping is great there as well! Don't forget to get your Discover Pass and go check this Park out!

An enjoyable hike.

This area is beautiful, however, I personally enjoy seclusion during hikes. This includes not continuously running into a lot of people, and not being able to see parking lots on the opposite side of where we are hiking (which is what you'll encounter at this location). If this doesn't bother you, than I am positive you will enjoy this area, as previously stated the area is gorgeous. If there weren't so many people (like there were during our trips) and if we couldn't see the parking lots and hustle and bustle of the town than I would undoubtedly give this a higher rating. I personally believe this would be a great hike for families, especially with children, it's a convenient location for those in Spokane. There are areas off to the side (they're essentially small little beach areas) where you can enjoy a picnic and enjoy the scenery. If you're from out of town, and looking for a great hike and somewhere to find solitude, this isn't it, unless you're a photographer and want to capture some great shots. Although you're supposed to keep your dog on a leash, however a lot of people let their dogs off the leash, so be cautious of that.

I will try and post some pictures from our trips, if you choose to go, I do hope you enjoy it! Remember this was just my personal opinion and it isn't intended to offend anyone.

Perfect family hike in the Spokane area. Will definitely do it again.

Nice, short loop with some excellent views of the river.

this hike is fun and easy to do on a nice day. although you can get a little lost, while your lost you will find gorgeous views.

It was awesome! I got to hike with my family, and we hiked all around that area and at the end found the bowl and pitcher!