Rattlesnake Mountain Trail

Rattlesnake Mountain Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take exit 27 from I-90 and head south to the parking lot and trail head.

1/20/17
It's really not a difficult hike, I think it should be rated as moderate, it's just long. There were lots of downed trees that caused some difficulty as they're not tall enough to go under not short enough to go over. The snow/ice is also so deep this time of year and it was like walking on eggshells trying not to sink. Twice I stepped just a little off the trail and ended up waist deep in snow! My dog wiped out a couple times running and one leg sinking, causing her to trip. Kind of fun, added an element of alertness for the both of us. Payout at the end isn't much, but we didn't see anyone the whole way up or down so the quiet was nice. I probably won't do this one again anytime soon though.

Hiked this trail today. It was really great to go from no-snow to real winter snow in a not-too-long distance, and nothing steep - did not need to wear spikes. Very enjoyable. Not crowded, but did not feel totally alone, which is re-assuring.

Hiked this the day after the "big" wind storm. We got about 1/4 mile past prospect and ran into a number of large trees uprooted and across the trail. Climbed over a few then decided to turn back. Only saw a handful of other people on the trail. It's a nice steady hike on a smooth trail.

It was difficult enough but it is wayyy too crowded. I like to go to the woods to get away from people.

beautiful!
love the sound of creek.

Came back since I missed the summit last time. Unless you like seeing acres of twisted stumps and dead branches where the lumber industry has left its mark...or like radio towers...there really are MUCH better hikes along I-90.

Good hike. Went to east peak and turned around. Some awesome views when the fog started to burn off. There weren't many people on the way up and a bunch at the first look out and the rest of the way down. Part of the trail is new and it runs through where the logging project was. A nice log bench to sit on in the middle. If my uncle didn't want to stop and talk as much I would have pushed for the lake.

Awesome, well marked trail. One of the best marked trails I've been on yet. The beginning of the trip I could still hear freeway traffic but it cleared up when I got along the trails and became quite peaceful. Moderately traveled, didn't run into too many people along the ways just when I got back down towards my car. I didn't go the entire way to the lake because of time constraints, but I sure wish I could have. I didn't know it was 10 miles out AND 10 miles back, I thought it was 10 miles round trip. Beautiful, I would do it again and again and again.

Great trail. Lots of shade, well marked. Plenty of up and down.

really fun shaded beautiful views at the top way to crowded go during the week.