Pyramid Mountain Trail

Pyramid Mountain Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

From Port Angeles, West for 28 miles on US 101 to North Shore Rd. Right for 3 miles to trailhead on the left side of the road.

Great 7 MILE hike we just did it today (10/2/16). Made it to the shelter at the top right in time for the rain. The first mile or so was very mellow then we hit the first switch back and up up from there. Took us just under 2 hrs. To make it to the top. Worth it!

This hike was amazing! Tough at times, a lot of steep switchbacks. There is a slide area that is way harder going in then going out. Went up there in the rain and low clouds so it made it a little more challenging. Worth the hike! Got to the peak and dried out in the small shelter. Ran into other hikers seeking refuge, they were very friendly and we all ate lunch together before heading back down.

fun trail. going across the land slide is a little sketchy. put at the end the views are awesome. trail is longer then posted. due to the land slide and rerouting of part of the trail.

Badass

One of my favorite local trails, want to point out that the Park recently created a new path across the slide area so its much safer to cross.

This trail located closer to Port Angeles, and it follows and climbs the steep walls surrounding Lake Crescent.

This was my first overnight hike. I loaded up my brand new Osprey Exos and hit the trail with my brother and two of his friends. You are gradually going up and along side the mountain for the first 2 miles and then come the switchbacks. I did this trail in 2011 and at that time there was still 1/8th of a mile of trail that was washed out. It was still accessible, but very dangerous. At some points the trail was mainly sand and no more than a foot wide, we had to side step the whole way.

At the summit of pyramid peak there is an old WW2 cabin/shelter that was used to Scout planes. Technically you're not allowed to camp inside but we did. There are no windows and no door, so we brought plastic window film and tacks and used plywood that was up there for a door.

Now the view is just as good as Storm King, but watch your step. Once you're on the summit you barely have much room to walk around the shelter, so don't get up there too early because there is not much to do.

Great trail up until the landslide. It's far to dangerous to cross. Some great views right at the landslide tho.

Went today and the landslide was too severe to cross, which was a complete disappointment to my friends and I. I'm usually very adventurist and am not afraid to cross risky paths, but my friend almost lost her life trying to navigate over the landslide pass today. I wouldn't suggest anyone wasting their time going up this hike until they fix this trail.

Great trail. The most exciting part is the landslide crossing. The view at the top is great too.

The landslide has grown significantly over the winter and there are new washouts near the two creeks that you have to cross

I down graded this trail a little bit because there was a land slide that took out a portion of the trail and makes it very dangerous to navigate. Once you get to the peak it's amazing! you get a view of Lake crescent that makes it worth the trip.