Puyallup Riverwalk Trail

Puyallup Riverwalk Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Puyallup, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Great 2 mile walk. About half way through I wanted to check the distance and found that I had forgot to tap record. While using All Trails I also use S Health to track activity and other exercise so at least I got it recorded there.

Great walk. Cool, rainy and had the trail all to myself.

Pleasant walk in the early morning. Paved and flat the entire way. Nothing special, but good for dog walking :)

It was just okay. I was a little creeped out by some of the people on the trail, it didn't feel safe being by myself.

The directions that were given on this site were incorrect. The entrance to the trail is at Mama Stortini's restaurant. Nice walk along the river and even a sandy beach!

This was a good stroll for a work out but not for sightseeing.

If you are looking for a hike with nice views, don't come here. You can't even see the river for most of the trail.

Nice walk next to the river. Great to do on a hot day.

the trails weren't that difficult just riding through traffic... they need better signs...

I am new to the area so I am trying whatever local trails I can , so on days that I am short on time and can't make it out to a state park, I have at least a few trails I can spend some time on. This is a trail I WILL NOT do again. If you are looking for a workout only, this will be an ok trail but it runs behind buildings and is very loud from traffic and people working at the commercial buildings. I also did not feel 100% safe with my small dog.

This is a great "walk" rather than "hike". Beautiful trees. We found 5 geocaches along the way.

This was a beautiful walk and it can be much longer if you read the signs posted along it. It follows the puyallup river the entire time and generally there are people also using it for exercise. Unfortunately if you stray from the path a bit you might run into some homeless people, and sometimes those homeless people are intoxicated. As a woman with just a small dog for company I recommend that you don't wear anything flashy like a nice watch or bring a designer purse with you on this walk. Only due to the many times I was approached very awkwardly by the homeless and while mostly it was to ask for food or money there were a couple that noted I had a "nice" 50$ watch on while I was running my dog and a leather side satchel. So stick to the path and you're generally fine.

Great Bike trail for summer and great in the fall for seeing trees turn colors.

Beautiful Fall walk. A must do.

A great road bike trail. Now that it has been connected to the Foothills Trail it is even better!

I rode this trail 3x trying to waste time while my car was at the shop. It's very well used, mostly by fishermen. There must've been 200 on the river this morning. Terrible signage. It took me three tries to figure out where I'd accessed the trail. Weird.

Nice, level, non-motorized paved trail. Pretty scenery for the most part, but heavily used and sadly, heavily-littered. Small section requires use of city roads and trail signs will likely confuse you- download the map provided on the puyallup city site.