Poo Poo Point Trail

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, WA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.8 miles 1945 feet Out & Back

old growth

Take I-90 E to exit 17. Turn right onto Front St. (becomes Issaquah-Hobart Rd.). In 1.5 miles turn left onto 2nd Ave. Immediately on the right is a small gravel parking lot that is the trailhead.

3 minutes ago

Good trail for 2-3 hours of hike.

1 hour ago

Beautiful, straight climb, need to be in shape! For lack of time we didn't make it quite to the top. Went on a Sunday morning at trailhead by 9:00 headed back at noon. Lots of people hiking out later than us, glad we started early. Parking limited by the High School Trail which connects to Poo Poo Point Trail.

This was my very 1st hike and I'm glad it was as fought as it was. It set the tone for future hikes. Because of this tough trail, my next one (rattlesnake) seemed like nothin. Start early because once crowds come in around 8ish, its not fun stopping just to let ppl by. LOTS of water, snacks for the appetite you'll have by the time you reach the top lol, and hiking shoes.

Awesome views but if not use to some exercise I would rate this hard.

Nice hike close to town. parking is minimal at best. Pit toilet at the top.
Great view for sure!!!!

great exercise. was able to complete the incline climbing up in 33 minutes on my third try.

Great trail for being so close to the city. 2 nice clearings with great views. Even the base area is entertaining with all of the paragliders. Parking is rough but that is probably the only thing that keeps the crowds down.

It's a pretty steep climb up the whole time but once you see the view it's worth it! There's a little landing area before you get to the top point which is a good place to stop for a snack. Sometimes you'll see paragliders taking off at the top which is a very cool thing to watch!

I love this hike. It's close to my work and the views up top are stunning. It is pretty popular with hikers and trail runners, so midweek is better if you want less people.

This was the first time for me doing this hike. I used to hike quite a bit a few years ago. But it has been awhile since I've hiked. Thought it would be a good one to start with, pushing myself but not killing myself. It was harder than I thought it would be. It also says 6.8 miles round trip, but when my boyfriend and I recorded it, when we ended it, it was 8.8 miles. My suggestion is, if you haven't hiked before, try a few easier ones first. The view was great, and it really did push me to my limits.

great way to get the blood pumping in the morning. recommend going early on weekends as it is a popular trail

Not for amateurs. Nice view at top. Signs need better directional posting to the end.

Steep climb but we'll worth it in the end. Quick way to burn the calories!

What a nice hike!! Thought were last because the signs at the end were confusing. But we pressed on and found the outhouse at the end. The paragliders were flying by the dozens. It was a ton of fun to watch. One of them even pulled someone from the crowd and taught them how to fly double. The view of the valley below is incredible.

Pretty intense terrain & climb but really worth the view at the top.

most of the hikers said this is kid friendly, my opinion though, it's not so kid friendly, intense incline but the view from the top was amazing! it is worth it!

intense incline. good for short incline hike.

Hike can be completed in 2-2.5 hours easy. The ascent was mostly uphill with a plateau around 3/4 of the way up. Some turns were unmarked along the bottom, so just remember to look for the wider trail going up and that's the right one to follow.