Point Defiance Park Outer Loop

Point Defiance Park Outer Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

One of my favorite places. Love to walk around the point on Owen Beach at low tide.

This was a beautiful hike with beautiful views. I am new to hiking, and was able to easily do the hike. Places to rest, and even a bathroom and off leash dog park!!

trails were well maintained,very nice, as well as great interaction with other hikers and beautiful surroundings gave an all around
great vibe.
will definitely be hiking there again..

enjoyable

Amazing! Plenty of trails to follow and pretty easy to do! I love hiking, I recently discovered my passion for it, so exploring new parks and trials is my thing. I went in here and I had so much fun, trails are nice and quiet, so much beauty and the smell of the trees is great. There's a lot of spider webs though which is not my favorite but if you go later on the day you won't find any spider webs on the way, since I usually go around at 6:30 am.

Great, highly recommended.

Beautiful and well taken care of. Lots of people and different trails to explore. Awesome!

Did it with my 5 year old who was a trooper. She handled the 5.1 miles. Pretty easy with amazing views.

We drove from Seattle. 1 hour drive was more than worth it. Very well kept grounds and Owen beach had a boardwalk that went on for miles. We will for sure come back.
They have:
~Zoo (Point Defiance)
~Playgrounds
~Beach front w/ kayak rentals
~Rose garden
~Botanical gardens
~Trails

such a great place! Woodland trails right in the city. Sound views, cliffs, enormous western red cedars, Myrtle trees. Lots of wildlife. I have seen deer, coyotes, rabbits, raccoons, and lots more. Leave your music at home to experience the birds and nice periods of quiet. An easy but amazing experience for the whole family. And it is FREE!

beautiful trails that everyone can enjoy!

loved it

It was great. We took our 3 month old puppy and out 3 daughters. We went off trail a few times to get a good hill hike!! Great hike overall

highly trafficed especially on weekends. the walk to the farthest point is a great 180 of chambers bay and is good for all skill levels.

Well maintained no scary cliffs!