Point Defiance Park Outer Loop

Point Defiance Park Outer Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tacoma, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

Nice way to spend part of the day

Beautiful trail for running and walking. It can be a little muddy after the rain in some parts, but most of the time the trail is in great condition.

Can't beat it

Beautifully maintained space.

One of my favorite places. Love to walk around the point on Owen Beach at low tide.

This was a beautiful hike with beautiful views. I am new to hiking, and was able to easily do the hike. Places to rest, and even a bathroom and off leash dog park!!

trails were well maintained,very nice, as well as great interaction with other hikers and beautiful surroundings gave an all around
great vibe.
will definitely be hiking there again..

enjoyable

Amazing! Plenty of trails to follow and pretty easy to do! I love hiking, I recently discovered my passion for it, so exploring new parks and trials is my thing. I went in here and I had so much fun, trails are nice and quiet, so much beauty and the smell of the trees is great. There's a lot of spider webs though which is not my favorite but if you go later on the day you won't find any spider webs on the way, since I usually go around at 6:30 am.