Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail

Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October.

Directions from Longmire or Paradise: Drive east on the Stevens Canyon Road to the parking area at Reflection Lakes. The trailhead is on the south side of the road.

Saw the famous Pinnacle trail marmot on my way back down. That alone was worth the sweat.

Absolutely amazing Trail, the views at the top are worth all of the work.

Good trail. Good views.
odd though... lots of flies. maybe it was the time of year we went (August), but we felt like we were constantly running from these huge horse flies that drove us crazy hahaha. so wear long sleeves and pants so you don't feel them landing on you constantly.

I almost gave up, but I'm glad I kept going! Gorgeous views of the mountain, could even see St Helen from the top.

worth every step ....all up hill...

Absolutely worth the hike. My wife and I took my 13 year old brother on this hike and trust me, on a clear day- the sights are BREATHTAKING.

It's a great hike for everyone. Families and people just starting to get into shape can feel great about their accomplishment. Great views of Rainier and Mt Adams. Well maintained trail. For people that like a scramble, go left at the saddle and climb Pinnacle Peak . . For WA state folks, it's Mt Si-Haystack times 10. It was ok going up, but a tad bit sketchy coming down. For an easy summit walk, go right at the saddle to Plummer Peak.

Short and sweet!

It was easy hike, last half mile is very rocky and you get view of Mt. Adams when you reach top and Mt. Rainier on other side, hike starts right across the reflection lake

Short, steep, and well worth it. We saw this from Panorama Point when we were completing the Skyline Loop. Except for the clouds today the views were amazing. All of Paradise the Muir snowfields etc visible clouds topped the mountain. When we got to the saddle great views of the valley falling away and Mt Adams in the distance. We'll be back on a clear day. Well worth the trip!

I turned this into a longer hike by parking at Paradise hiking the lake trail to get to Pinnacle Peak trail. It was a warm sunny day so bring water. When you get to the saddle you have a view of Mt.Adams. If you have the time follow the trail to the top of the peak. Enjoy the day and view of Mt. Rainier.

What a spectacular hike! The best short hike we have ever been on. Wildflowers, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams, Goat Rocks Wilderness views . . . marvelous. Go on a sunny day or at least partially. Excellent trail but rocky in places.