Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail

Pinnacle Peak Saddle Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October.

Directions from Longmire or Paradise: Drive east on the Stevens Canyon Road to the parking area at Reflection Lakes. The trailhead is on the south side of the road.

Saw the famous Pinnacle trail marmot on my way back down. That alone was worth the sweat.

Absolutely amazing Trail, the views at the top are worth all of the work.

Good trail. Good views.
odd though... lots of flies. maybe it was the time of year we went (August), but we felt like we were constantly running from these huge horse flies that drove us crazy hahaha. so wear long sleeves and pants so you don't feel them landing on you constantly.

I almost gave up, but I'm glad I kept going! Gorgeous views of the mountain, could even see St Helen from the top.

worth every step ....all up hill...

Absolutely worth the hike. My wife and I took my 13 year old brother on this hike and trust me, on a clear day- the sights are BREATHTAKING.

It's a great hike for everyone. Families and people just starting to get into shape can feel great about their accomplishment. Great views of Rainier and Mt Adams. Well maintained trail. For people that like a scramble, go left at the saddle and climb Pinnacle Peak . . For WA state folks, it's Mt Si-Haystack times 10. It was ok going up, but a tad bit sketchy coming down. For an easy summit walk, go right at the saddle to Plummer Peak.

Short and sweet!