Pinnacle Lake Trail

Pinnacle Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Nice easy hike. This morning it was raining and so there were lots of large pools and puddles on the trail. My foot sank down a good 6 inches into the mud. No bugs and by the time we got to the lake there was fog so we didn't continue on to bathtub lakes.

Prepare yourself for mud, also bring your bug spray! There were too many bugs to actually enjoy the time spent at the lake. Wasn't too many other hikers on the trail though.

I'd call this lake disappointment. The trail up was good. the lake was terrible. I have never ever seen so many bugs. there flying in my ears. eyes, and nose. and then they followed us most of the way down. we practically ran down. and the road up to the hike was so long and so bumpy and narrow. I'll never do this hike again.

This is a nice hike that is not too easy but short enough to keep it from being hard. It was misty and very muddy. I can see this is probably muddy most days. It is a small lake but has nice features. I could see some off trial options here if one was adventurous. . But lots of ridges to get misdirected on. Ill hide this one again.

I went about a year ago. it was a difficult hike then. we actually went to the far side of the lake and camped. it was perfect. fresh water running down the mt to filter, blueberries everywhere but they grew like clover. very short on the grd. tasty if I may say. definitely a good spot to fish as well. a small rainbow trout was delicious cooked in a banana peel. late in the year when it's hot without the worry of snow being up top, this hike is one of my favorites. better for an overnight or 2 is highly recommended.

This trail was very muddy and lots of small obstacles that made it more of a moderate hike. Quit a bit of snow on top still. The road up is not for small cars. It's really in need of some care.

Beautiful lake. The hike was a little more difficult than we expected and there was a lot of snow towards the end that we were not prepared for but I'd do it all over again. The lake was amazing, well worth the trip.

Maybe we took the wrong trail, but I doubt it. This hike was NOT easy. Climbing over rocks and massive tree roots in Themis and then scrambling over the rocks at the end. The lake is a pretty payoff. I'll be sure to do this one again when it's warmer and drier out.

Very easy short hike, good view of the lake though.

Sunday 8-10-2014: My wife and I hiked to Pinnacle Lake. The weather was sunny and 85 degrees. A perfect day for a hiking. We arrived at the trailhead at 10:30 am and there were 3 other cars. We hiked to Bear Lake first and were not impressed. Then we hiked to Pinnacle Lake. The bridge over Bear Creek was out of commission. But it was easy to cross Bear Creek using the log there. Then the trail became steep, rocky and rooty. After switchbacks the trail became much easier. It took us almost two hours to get to Pinnacle Lake. The lake was beautiful. There were several other people around the lake. We had lunch in the shade and started down at 1:10 pm. It took us 1 hour 40 minutes to get down.

Wow. Wish I had planned on staying longer, there was so much to explore. At first fork take a right and the biggest lake is maybe a tenth of a mile. More lakes at the top. Very pretty. Hard steep hike, but it only take a half hour to an hour to climb up so just a really great workout.

Great short hike. I like a rocky rooted trail and this was it. Choose well where you step or you will be sliding/tumbling & taking bumps and bruises along the way! The viewpoints of surrounding peeks are gorgeous and looking down at Bear Lake from above is a beautiful site, it reminds you just how high you are. Jackets were needed on top as you can easily feel the temperature drop. Nice lunch break at Pinnacle lake before heading back down.

my husband and I did this hike we are both in our late 20s . I was great. challenging enough to feel like you accomplished something but not so hard you wanted to give up . great for your butt and thighs. it had some difficult areas and my ankle was aching by the the time I got back but totally worth it. don't be fooled by the first lake you see keep walking for about 10 mins and you will be rewarded!

I recently started hiking with a 79 year old friend and she wanted to attempt Pinnacle Lake this weekend. We were at trailhead about 8 AM and there were 2 other cars ahead of us. Trail started and first 3/4 mile was fine but bugs were voracious. Bug juice is a must right now on this trail. After first 3/4 mile into trail, I would rate it as difficult as many, many, many long stretches of rocks and roots and a lot of stepping up higher than knee hieght on roots and rocks. Very hard on knees and back if carrying a loaded pack. Trail was muddy in several places but usually there was a way to not get so muddy, but muddy none the less. We did not get all the way to the lake due to a bad fall on the trail at about 1.2 miles in, we had to turn back to the car. We plan on attempting this hike again later in the year after some additional conditioning hikes.

Went in June and it was very muddy with snow at the top for the last half mile or so.. Still very enjoyable hike.

The road is washed out so you have to walk about a mile just to get to the trailhead. The trail to Pinnacle Lake is steep and rugged - climbing over roots and rocks - which can also be slippery. The views along the way and the destination are well worth the hike. The hike up took only about an hour but the walk there and back added unexpected time. The walk and hike out and back took about 3 1/2 hours.

Great day hike or overnight. Beautiful lake right against a granite rock wall.