Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail

Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellingham, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Take exit 250 on I-5 (Bellingham, WA) and head south on SR #11 aka Old Fairhaven Parkway. Take a left at the first light (ARCO station on corner) onto 30th. Drive .9 mi. to the end of 30th. At the 3-way intersection take a left onto Old Samish Road and drivr 1.3 mi. to Whatcom Co. Park sign on the right. Trail begins in the SW corner of lot.

Great hike! Trail is well maintained. Up hill in and down hill out. The beauty of the lake is well worth the effort.

The lookout points are amazing. I took my 5 year old no problem.

It was a killer going up with my 5 year old. Loved the top and the trees and lookouts. Definitely will do again so much to explore around the area.

Bugs will get you on the way up if you don't keep a steady pace! I think they were eating my bug spray! Beautiful forest! I loved it! Up, up, up you go!

such a great view. the incline was pretty killer though

It's a very short and satisfying trail. Steep in the beginning. Then it levels out. Lots of viewpoints close together.

This is the first hike we have done in years and it was more difficult than we could have ever expected but it was worth it. Going back down hill was actually more difficult! it was so beautiful and the other hikers gave us motivation to push through. We highly recommend this trail! make sure you wear the appropriate footwear and bring trekking poles. Go on the morning before it is too hot. You will sweat!

Wonderful hike

Wonderful hard hike. Well worth the uphill at the start

This starts off as a wall, straight up, and doesn't give much respite until a mile or so in. Very beautiful, deep canopy forest. Lakes are cool. Lightly traveled, even on a Saturday.

it's Hella steap!! for like 80% of the way but I liked it!

Intermediate trail with steep accents, but all around a good time.

want too hard and it was a great adventure, and not too crowded.

Hadn't done this one before. Good hike for winter and spring before the snow up in the high country melts. Wasn't impressed that I could hear the freeway the entire time. But, glad to be outside and training again!

0.3 miles big incline, from there it's not to bad :)

Very pretty at the top though. Definitely recommend going to the viewpoint at the very top.

Awesome viewpoint above the lakes, plenty of camping spots around the lakes. Would recommend starting from the N Chuckanut trailhead.

Not a bad hike. Do go for views! You'll be a little salty. :)