Petes Creek Trail to Colonel Bob Peak Trail

Petes Creek Trail to Colonel Bob Peak Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Quinault, WA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The river was too high to cross very soggy hike. Coming back in spring

Steep and wet. Can't say for the view as it was raining but I hear it's the best.

Great hike with lots of different terrains. We started through heavily forested area, cane to hillside meadows, and then trekked through the snow for the last portion. Not sure we found the right peak given the snow cover, but what we found had great views!

March 19th, 2016. Was too snowy at 2300 ft. to continue without traction. Will revisit this during the summer months.

A wonderful, yet difficult trail that leaves you in awe at the top. Wear long sleeves! The trail has a lot of overgrown foliage. The trail becomes steep and challenging at times, but you pass through old growth forest, streams, a pond, and have wonderful views on the way up. Out of no where, you will be greeted with the peak to a 360 degree view of the Pacific Ocean, the Olympics, and Mt Rainier.

The bottom of the trail is still a little soupy and the vegetation grows over in a few places. It's pretty much a consistent climb for the entire four miles; not technically challenging but definitely physically demanding. The peak is absolutely outstanding. As an added bonus I was the only hiker on the trail when I went. Quite serene.

Great combination of lush rain forest and alpine views! Pete's Creek takes you through beautiful fern undergrowth and enormous cedar and hemlock trees. The last couple miles were pretty steep and at times exposed to the sun... bring more water than you think you need and take breaks to pick blueberries! The 360deg view at the top is quite spectacular. We met a couple other parties along the trail, but usage seemed pretty light.

Wow, this just got harder and harder as we got higher and higher. Kicked my butt, but the view was amazing! We could see all the way out to Ocean Shores and Grays Harbor. The sky was clear and the 360 view was out of this world. I think there was one downed tree on the trail which was a breeze walking over, and the river was completely dry so passing that was cake. I highly recommend doing this at least once, but be prepared to get your butt kicked. Me and my girlfriend went through 3 liters of water, and probably could have used another liter or so.

This hike stays true to its name being the hike from hell but it's vary beautiful and the views are breath taking I had a great time even though it rained on us the last hour of the hike and the rest of the night but again breath taking

WOW this was a butt kicker!! Definitely a fun trip, we only saw one other couple on the trail, they were packing for over night. It was definitely the hardest hike I've done by far but was absolutely beautifult. If you're not very experienced I'd say work your way up to it. There's a down tree with sticky pads to help you cross the river if you don't want to walk through it, but it was pretty low this weekend so we just sucked it up and went through, there were plenty of places to stop and rest wich was nice as this trail is all up hill w/no down slopes and very few flat areas.