Perry Creek Trail

Perry Creek Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the first hike we did in WA, having just moved from the East Coast. We absolutely loved it! You have amazing views almost the whole way until the falls. There were some autumn colors which was fantastic. The trail is really nice, and it's an easy hike. I was stopping every 5 minutes to take photos because the views were just breathtaking.

This trail starts at the opposite end of the Dickerman parking lot. The trail is very easy to follow, at about 1.3 miles it comes out onto a service road, follow the road till it picks back up on the trail. The trail is rocky in a number of places, watch your footing. The views up to the creek are nice. This would make a great Fall hike as the leaves are already starting to change color. Very easy creek crossing past the falls, although the rocks are slippery. We didn't venture on to Mt Forgotten but did walk in to the forest to where the elevation picks back up again and turned around there. Other then the rocks along the way this is an easy to moderate hike. This trail isn't as heavily hiked as Dickerman is, you will most likely have the trail to yourself. We started at 5am and used headlamps for the first hour till it got light out. We had the entire trail and falls to ourselves the entire time. On our way back down we past 7 people along the way.

We arrived at the trailhead around 9am and there was lots of room. Note that the Perry Creek / Mt. Forgotten trail isn't sign posted at the parking lot but is easy to find at the West end of the lot. The trail at the East end of the lot goes to Mount Dickerman.

The trail is in good shape, with a few minor blowdowns. It's about 5 miles each way, with a net elevation gain of 3400 feet, which for me is a pretty good workout. A lot of trail has loose stone underfoot, so good footwear helps.

This is one of the best hikes I've done in the Cascades. The first few miles have open sections where you can see the valley, and have a slow but steady uphill grade (about 1200 feet over 3 miles) The small falls at the 3 mile mark makes a good place to stop for a break. After the falls, it's continuous up for the next two miles and 2200 feet of elevation gain until you get to the meadows and Mt. Forgotten.

The meadows are nice with a small pond and blooming heather. From the edge of the meadows and from the peak of Mt. Forgotten (about 150 feet further up) you have views in almost every direction, including the snowy tops of Glacier Peak to the east and Mount Baker to the north.

Weather was great with clear skies and light clouds. I was surprised by how quiet the hike was. We saw about 1/2 dozen people on the way up and the same again on the way down. We had the entire meadow and peak to ourselves for over 1/2 an hour.

Nice trail, great views and no crowds - it doesn't get much better.

Lots of moss covered rocks along the trail which was kind of interesting. You can't see much of the Perry Creek falls or the creek for that matter but do have some views of the valley.

Lots of water falls, great views, slippery over the rocks, couldn't get passed the Perry falls because there was to much water, wanted to get up to Mt Forgotten, have to try another day.

Ironic, but most fitting that my friend and I decided to hike Perry Creek trail #711 on 7.11.14. This hike definitely had its difficult spots, but for the most part I feel that it wasn't any more difficult than a lot of intermediate hikes I've gone on. The views on this venture were spectacular, and crossing the second creek bed (the first was dried up) was most needed on a high 80s hot day like yesterday. There was tons of old growth that weaved itself in and out of the forest, as well as amazing photo-worthy shots of Big Four and random waterfalls across the valley from Perry Creek. I highly recommend this hike for fairly experienced, avid hikers, as there are rough patches and narrow spots of the trail, making it crucial to have a good hold on your footing.

Perry Creek trail is an easy fun hike. The old trail head has been washed out and is now located 1 mile down the road in the Mt. Dickerman trailhead parking lot. This trail has a moderate elevation gain and is a little tricky in a few spots but is an easy trail non the less. the waterfall is beautiful. The trail comes to the top of the falls and the view down is beautiful. Further up from the falls another 2 miles and a lot of switchbacks later is the meadows. I didn't opt to continue to the meadows for i wanted to do a second trail that day. But i hear despite the switchbacks its quite beautiful.

A lot of fun, but when I came to the creek crossing I decided that discretion should prevail due to high water, and ate lunch, then returned. The access is now further along the highway (at the Mt. Dickerman parking lot I think), so the hike will be longer.