Penrose Point State Park Trail

Penrose Point State Park Trail is a 2.8 mile loop trail located near Lakebay, WA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

super fun and easy hike!!!! I took my dad who is 64 on it and he was able to do it!

My husband and I did the full trail on Sat morning. It was beautiful. I love that it's only about 40 min from Tacoma. The best part was coming off the trail into a very private beach.
I would suggest you go early. When we finished it was 12:00 and the parking lot and beach area at the entrance was packed. We only saw two people on the trail while we where on it but it got very busy after lunch. Lots of people digging for clams.
Easy trail but lots of roots so anyone who has trouble walking wouldn't do well on it.
The birds were singing everywhere.
We will definitely do it again.

Beautiful, extremely well-maintained trail. At the one end of the loop, the trail opens up to the beach looking across to Rainier. This park is a gem. I wish I lived closer so I could take advantage of those trails for running.

The State redesigned and just completed a trail project.
It is very nice and I do recommend this hike. old growth forest, mountain view of mount rainier from the trail and the beach and awesome beach access.

This loop is quite easy but a nice walk.