Peek-A-Boo Lake Trail

Peek-A-Boo Lake Trail is a 4.8 mile trail located near Darrington, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

4.8 miles 2350 feet

From Everett, E on Highway 530 to Darrington for 32 miles. Right on Mountain Loop Highway (FSR 20) for 9.2 miles. Right on FSR 2080 for 1.1 miles. Right on FSR 2081 for 3.4 miles. Left at fork on FSR 2086 for 1.2 miles to roadblock. Park here.

I took my three kids up to the lake. The trail was mostly switch backs up until the last half mile or so. At the top there was an awesome meadow with a great lookout over the valley. Finally a steep jaunt down to the lake. The bugs were not too bad however my daughter and I got stung a couple times by hornets on the trail. There was a nice open campsite with a small rocky beach. The lake was clear and cold. We caught a few 10 inch rainbows over two days. We walked to the far side of the lake past the outlet and fishing was better over there. You could see the trout swimming. However our second night it started pouring. We stayed dry but headed out early the next morning. I would grade this hike as moderate due to the steepness but that might be because I had to carry extra gear for my kids.