PCT: WA Section K - Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass

PCT: WA Section K - Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass is a 126.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

126.4 miles 30713 feet Point to Point

snowboarding

A section of the PCT heading north from Stevens Pass.

Absolutely gorgeous ! It was an unexpected hike, my son & husband didn't read the map well and 6 miles in and we were wondering if we took a wrong turn. Lake Vahalla appeared and it was breathtaking.

This trail was breathtaking! It was several years ago but I will never forget the beauty. It was beauty most of the way. I could never carry a backpack over those mountains again but I would love to see it again. First of all, the 5875 feet of vertical is wrong. That may be the difference between the lowest and the highest but it does not include the up and down along the way. Also, I only did the trail one way, not out and back. There were some vistas, but not many. The beauty was in the alpine forest, water features and plant life. I did not see any bears, but they are up there. It did get above the treeline which was not as scenic. My favorite spot was a beautiful hanging valley with green moss or something in the stream.

Hiked the PCT north from Steven's Pass just to see how far I could get, knowing that the snow is still an issue this time of year. I hade it in about 2.5 miles before having to stop because of the snow fields. I would suspect it is another month before you can get to the top.

The trail is in good shape, although it will need some love soon. There were three areas where downed trees fell across the trail. In all cases I was able to get over/under/around the blockage.

I will go back in mid-July and report back.