Panther Creek Falls Trail 137

Panther Creek Falls Trail 137 is a 0.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carson, WA that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Panther Creek Falls is one of the most unique waterfalls in Skamania County. There are 2 tiers of segmented waterfalls, 50-70 feet in height. They both empty into the same basin. To reach the TH drive the Wind River Road 5.8 miles about 500 ft from the TH.

Not really a hike but is gorgeous.

Its beautiful yes not much of a hike more like .2 miles down 160 feet to the falls and that's about it lol just a good lunch spot didn't stay longer than 45 min probably wont go again once was cool with me very clean area water is cold didn't see any swimming spots either

So so so so beautiful!

Steep and hard to find, but waterfall and creek are beautiful!

Worth the drive. Amazing view and only about a 5 minute hike from the road

It had an incredible view, highly recommend!

This is a pretty good spot to check out. The drive was a bit more than I had anticipated. Just keep driving until you get to the rock pit parking area and then park. The trail isn't marked but is easy to see. I was a bit underwhelmed at the length of the hike. You can go down to the viewing deck which has a nice view. If you walk north there's a small trail that goes down to the water and you can crawl over and go under downed trees. It was fun for my 7 year old and 3 year old. But be careful while playing on the rocks. It's a bit slippery as my 3 year old fell in! It's cold but she had fun regardless.

For a bit more of a hike there is a trail 50-60 yards south of the main trail just before the fish and wildlife road on the left. I saw it on my drive out of there and stopped the car. I ran down the trail a little bit and based on other reviews it's the one that goes down to the bottom of the falls. I stopped where there was a steep decline where someone had tied a rope to get back up. If I didn't have my kids with me I would have done that trail instead and if that first incline would be the worst of it I would have taken my 7 year old down with me. It seems like a place I'll definitely go back to in order to explore a bit more.

Very quick hike. I took an extra trail to the bottom of the falls... Just before the trailhead on the left across from the service road. Photos do not do these falls any justice. They are wide and gushing.

Excellent short hike

Easy Hike, want to go back with no ice and get to the bottom.

Grew up Hiking this trail... beautiful all seasons.
K8

The falls itself is cool and the trail is well maintained and the viewing deck is nice. Underwhelming short hike though, as expected being just barely off the road... Many photos of this falls are taken from below the falls, a view you cannot get without going off trail and scrambling down sketchy steep terrain. Which is a shame because the falls look so much more amazing from that vantage point than from the viewing deck. It'd be awesome if they built stairs to view the falls from below like some of the trail configurations in the Silver Falls State Park in Oregon along the Trail of Ten Falls. End of summer during a drought year made for a slightly less impressive waterfall and I will be returning when the rains return to experience the full beauty of this unique waterfall.

So beautiful! Easy little walk to the viewing point but if you walk past the first trail about 50feet there's another trail that'll take you to the bottom of the falls. Little steep parts but so worth it once you get to the bottom!

beautiful spot. was visiting from out of town and a local took me to this favorite 'secret.' easy hike to the viewing deck, more like a short nature walk, but have a rope handy if you decide to make your way down to the base of the falls from the side of the road, there were some hairy slippery steep spots on the trail. wellllll worth the effort.

Very unique falls. Short hike down a steep embankment, nice overlook!

Amazing place! No signs, but easy to find since the area where everyone parks is quite large. If you pass the trail to the lookout and keep walking about another 50 yards or so down the street, there is a relatively easy to see trail that goes to the base of the falls. There are a few places to take it slow, but there are some grooves that have been embedded into those areas from the frequent hikers as of late. I did see some other hikers even further down below the lower falls, but didn't have time to explore where the trail to get down there is, probably just further down the street.