Padilla Bay Trail

Padilla Bay Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Vernon, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice, not the greatest, but nice

Great gravel path. Easy walk for kids or elderly. Scenic views.

Great little trail for walking, biking, running. Lot's of dogs so be aware. Nice flat trail along water. Benches for sitting along the way. A single picnic table located about center of the trail. Portapotty located at the south parking area/trailhead. trail sign state it is 2 1/8 miles each way. Great area for being away from traffic and town on a nice level gravel trail.

Check tide schedule before going. Nice views! Nice and easy trail but too easy and got boring.

This has been a great trail for my back injury recovery up until this last couple weeks. I normally bicycle for my exercise but haven't been able to due to my back. I live less then 10 miles from the trail head so walking and just lately some slow jogging on this flat trail has been a great way for me to get out and enjoy the outdoors. The reason I say until two weeks ago is because of the unleashed dogs. The last three times I been out there have been multiple people with loose running dogs. Today again a dog came running towards me and the owners not even attempting to stop the dog, when I called to them to leash their dog they replied "what leash law" with a very sarcastic tone. A week ago a dog charged at me barking and showing its teeth. I had no idea if I was about to get bitten or not. The owner just smiled at me as I told them to leash their dog.

I no longer feel safe alone on this trail any more, I would call the Police but by the time they arrive most likely the people would be gone and I have no way to Identify them since I don't know the vehicle they drive. I've been bitten twice before by "dog-that-don't-bite". I now have to find another place for my exercise. It's to bad people are so inconsiderate and that these few can ruin it for the rest.

This trail is great it has wow factor with the mud flats! I liked that you could even walk down on a few of them. There was so many birds to see. I got pretty close to a blue herein . I wasn't able to make it all the way to the end of the trail because it's so long! but that's a good thing. my dog loved it . It took me a while to find the parking area because it's kinda hidden , but it's easy once you know where it is.

More for a serene walk! Great for digs and a little escape to some mud flats!

This is a great flat trail to take the dog walking.

This is a good little gravel-paved walk that I do every once in a while. This trail in much less of a hike; much more of a jogging/running/biking path. It borders a precious watershed and should be noted as a excellent birding arena. This has the sights and sounds of the Puget Sound... the Oil factory and the highway as well. But for a path to frequently excercise on, this one is a gem...

If your a bird watcher, this is the trail for you. Sort of a beach hike, without having to deal with sand in your shoes. The only downfall is how windy it tends to get here...which caused a bit of an embarrassing moment for me. Read about it and see pictures on my blog: http://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2012/04/padilla-bay-shore-trail.html