Pacific Crest Trail: Steven's Pass to Snoqualmie Pass

Pacific Crest Trail: Steven's Pass to Snoqualmie Pass is a 70.1 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until November.

70.1 miles 17704 feet Point to Point

Directions from Skykomish: Drive east on U.S. Hwy. 2 to the summit of Stevens Pass. Continue to the residences just east of the ski area and on the south side of the highway. Turn right into parking area just east of residences. The trailhead is located near the southeast corner of the parking lot.

The map and the elevation are all on the same screen, making them almost unusable, plus a map selection button that always gets in the way when you zoom in on the map. Very poor GUI design.

Great trip!

Went back in from Hwy 2 headed south. No snow! I hiked to Lake Susan Jane, had some lunch and hiked back out. Trail is in excellent shape. I ran into three guys hiking the State of Washington from the Oregon border. Gave them a ride to the Hiker's Haven in Baring. They said the trail all the way from Oregon is open, a few spots of snow at the higher elevations but nothing real serious.

I put on the backpack and hiked in south from Stevens Pass. Time to get back in shape, and I wanted to see how far I could get. I made it in about 1.8 miles before the trail became impassable due to the snow. Before that I lost the trail a few times as it entered larger snow fields. The trail in in great shape, seems to have had some recent love as a couple of downed trees had been cleared.

I plan to go back up late July for an overnight, will report back.