Spruce Railroad Trail

Spruce Railroad Trail is a 20.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

whitewater kayaking

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON on the east end. We found this out the hard way. Apparently they've closed it in order to finish paving it.

About a mile is open on the Camp David side but we wanted more of a challenge. The trail status is here:

Lake Crescent is beautiful though, there's a nice picnic spot on East Beach.

A nice relaxing hike with beautiful views of the mountains and Lake Crescent. We hiked the 4 mile unpaved section and then headed back. Only encountered a few mountain bikers.

very cool. bring your swimsuit and water shoes...

Another favorite trail. I've done it on bikes too. A bit sketchy at some points but a great ride, and a definite good walk. beautiful scenery.

Very easy hike but one of the most beautiful spots on the Olympic peninsula.

ATTENTION TRIKE-RIDERS: The western end of this trail, which is paved for about 6.5 miles, is the best section for trike riders. It is level and easy pedaling, with beautiful woods and few people.

If you try to access this trail from the eaat end of Crescent lake, you will find only a very short section which is kind to your trike. The eastern end, starting at the end of East Beach Rd. narrows down to less than the width of one's trike, is muddy, and has several dips, through which one will have to dismount and ease the trike across them. Rocks along the eastern section of the trail will snag one's rear deraillier and may damage the under carriage of one's trike..

great hike... beginning is muddy but the rest is well worth it. highly recommend

Didn't make it to the end, but wow, what a beautiful hike! We are definitely doing this one again! But as oe of the other hikers said, it is a bit muddy for about 1/2 mile, but so worth it!

Bald eagles, rainbows, and turquoise waters are only a few or many sights this trail offered to me today. Although muddy at first, the trail dried out the rest of the way. The bridge offers amazing views of the crystal clear-like waters underneath and the trail itself was easy to hike on. My favorite part about this trail was that my doggies were able to enjoy an afternoon out with me:)

The trail was a really muddy from about the 0.5-1.0 mile point, but the views more than made up for it! The lake was the amazing color of turquoise, there was cloud cover and Sun.... Just amazing! We only went 2 miles in but next time we plan on doing the whole 4!

Trail was nice and easy with great sights.

If you are NOT mountain biking, this trail is awesome. I love my wife. I think she forgot to choose the 'MTB' filter when looking for places to ride. This would explain why i almost died. The downhill right before the devils punchbowl was awesome!... Until i realized my walmart bike brakes wouldnt slow me down...only lock me up. So then i found myself in a fight or flight. I chose to fight. With my back fishtailin and my front threatening to throw me forward, I stuck my arm out like a boss and used my rotator cuff to stop me against a rock...ten feet away from the lovely american family enjoying their smart phone pictures and cannonball lake jumps. The guy sitting on the rock says 'Good thing you stopped. That woulda been bad.' I said 'For you...' Seriously thats how it went down.

Easy walk 4 miles each way along beatuful Lake Crescent.