Mt. Walker Trail

Mt. Walker Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Brinnon, Washington. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

3.5 miles 2099 feet Out & Back

Directions from Quilcene: Travel south on US Highway 101 for 5 miles. Turn off onto Forest Service Road 2730 and continue for a quarter mile to the trailhead.

The trail was beautiful as was the mountain top view. There were a good many switchbacks and some tough elevation changes, but the hike was worth it! And make sure to check out both North and South Point views once you're at the top!

this trail warns you it'll be tough from the very beginning. constant uphill switchbacks but it's a great view at the top and peaceful throughout the hike.

Great workout ..... However when we got to the top we were in a cloud so did not get to see a view at all

It was a switchback from the get go. Scenic and great weather. Slick trail at times but overall good trail. Had an 8 and 11 year old with me; only whined a few times:)

It is a pretty hike with nice views. the distances are not right though. It is 2 miles up and 2 miles back, with a half mile additional walk to the south viewpoint from the north viewpoint making a total of 5 miles.

I love this trail for a quick beautiful hike. I enjoy running the 2 mile up for a fun challenge. The views at the top are stunning, seeing the Olympic ranger, my Rainer and Seattle skyline.
It's enjoyable to take the road down for a more open skyline and a couple more miles to the jaunt.

Did the hike with 2 dogs and baby was a great workout. 10% to 20% grade (incline). constant uphill with 2 decent views from north and south viewpoints as reward.

We didn't do the walking hike in this trail, we just drove up to the viewing area and took the short walk to the viewing point on the south side. It was gorgeous! It's a 4 mile drive up mt. Walker and we went to the south point, it was a sunny day, we could see the hood canal, the puget sound, Mt. rainier, and Seattle from the view point. Really awesome. I am a photographer and I got some great shots when we went up there! Really worth it. We found a picnic table in the woods there and ate lunch before heading down.

I made the drive up Mt. Walker. I'm glad I did, I've hiked much better at the difficult level. I was disappointed with the view. compared to views I've seen on hikes in the past, like Mt. Ellinore, for example, I'd save this for nothing else to do.