Mount Washington Trail

Mount Washington Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

rock climbing

Discovery Pass required for parking

This is a great hike. What I love most about it is the fact that not very many people go on it. The trail is not maintained very well however you can certainly find your way. Pretty much all covered with snow for the rest of the year.

closed down access road, dnr land.

Beautiful hike. It gained about 3200 feet in elevation, and it was around 8.5 miles round trip. We hiked it on a clear day, so we were able to see Mt. Rainer in the distance, and lakes at the bottom. However, we heard that most of the time summit is above the clouds.

The trail is not well marked. Suggest to follow the AllTrails tracker at least at the start. You can easily miss it.

My apple phone registered ~10.5 miles out and back.

A lot of loose rock on the trail requires caution and proper shoes.

Discovery pass for parking.

the trail is not marked but when you get to the fork go right (towards twin falls) and you'll see a little gravel trail for Mt Washington on your left. Once you get to another clearing after about 2.8 miles, go left and the trail continues on your right. The views are magnificent and it was steep and then smooth in all of the right places.

Great views at the top! Would say the first and last miles are the hardest. The first mile is full of very slippery rocks making it a good work out, so patience and caution is needed.

This is a great hike. Similar to Si but way better, less switchbacks, better scenery, and I preferred the view at the top. Same distance and difficulty level though. Went with my dog, and he loved it. The views of Rainier were spectacular today. Also, there was barely anybody else hiking, we felt like we had the mountain to ourselves! Highly recommend.

Awesome hike and great place to escape the north bend crowds... Very similar to Mt Si in difficulty, minus the switchbacks. This is a fairly difficult hike, we made it up in about two and a half hours at a moderate pace. Beautiful views at the top , was very cloudy so we couldn't see Mount Rainer like some reviewers mentioned but was pretty none the less. Some bugs at too but nothing crazy, I made it out with just one small mosquito bite after about a 45 minute lunch break. What I loved most about this hike was the lack of crowds! We saw maybe 15 other groups and for a Saturday and a hike near Seattle, can't really ask for better. He trail is a little sneaky to find... When you reach the John Wayne trail you'll go right like your heading for twin falls but the trail head is before that. Some reviews mentioned a pink ribbon, I didn't see that. From the John Wayne trail there is a small rock stack marking the start, hard to spot but if you keep your eyes open for it you will see it-it's the first trail that leads up hill :) Overall, good day hike for a satisfying workout, great way to avoid the crowds and enjoy nature as its intended :)

A bit confusing to find the hike but we eventually did. My friend and I decided to go on a rainy day to avoid to many people and it worked- sort of. The hike is definitely strenuous, vertical most of the time. Some pretty views while going up though to keep you working towards the goal of the top