Mount Walker

Mount Walker is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Quilcene, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.5 miles 2099 feet Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

off road driving

Great hike. Recommend micro spikes for the top half. The snow is packed with ice spots underneath.

Great hike even in the winter. Lots of snow at the top!

scenic driving

Drove my car to the top a couple years ago. Well maintained forest service road and easily passable by any road worthy vehicle. Bring the binoculars and high zoom camera lenses because on a clear day there's an amazing view at the top. You can see Mount Rainier and Seattle and capture both with one picture. Picinic tables and pit toilets. Good place to stop for lunch and stretch the legs while out doing other sight seeing.

"Mt. Walker is the only peak facing Puget Sound that has a road to its summit." http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/olympic/recarea/?recid=47889

Worth it.

it's got some steeps but the pay off is worth it

We had a great time. My 4 year-old was able to hike the whole thing. View from the top is great on a clear day.

awesome workout and a great view.

Long hike uphill to start - about 2 miles - through a beautiful forrest. The payoff is at the top - the view from the lookout is amazing. On a clear day you can see across the Sound to Mt Baker and have a nice view of the Olympic Mountains.

Beautiful view made up for the uphill climb the whole way up.

Nice hike, lookout was not as rewarding as I hoped but good workout.

It's very well marker and has amazing views, but is a hit of a killer with the hills at times. Totally worth it at the top though

it was first time going up almost couldn't make it to the top. (never done it before) but, we kept going up. one's we were on top it was great. my little dog did better than us. the view was beautiful too.

Easy to find, well maintained. Pretty steep on the way up, apparently comparable to 151 flights of stairs via the Apple health app, though the way down made my legs burn more. May take the road down next time to get a longer hike and give my quads a break!

The trail is easy to find. The view at the viewpoint at the top of the hike was cloudy, but walked over to the other viewpoint was beautiful, definitely worth the little extra walk. Walked down the road like some of the other commenter suggested. It was slightly longer that what I expected. But my dogs loved it and we got to see some deer cross the road. Definitely bring a snack to eat while you enjoy the view and lots of water.

This trail is very easy to find with the directions given but I highly suggest a protein bar and tons of water because its all uphill to the top . Took me and my friend 2 hrs up and back . The view is very rewarding for all the hard work though I can assure that .

Steep, well maintained trail. Not much to see when there are clouds. Not crowded. Good training hike for some other steep trails.