Teneriffe Falls Trail

Teneriffe Falls Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This hike has a very easy first 2 miles then you hit a ton of switch backs that start on loose rocks, then you hit the tree line and there is a really fun scramble up rock/tree/roots. This was fun and well shaded. Took this to the top and there was a really nice view. Of note, we did this hike mid August and the waterfall was just a trickle. So don't expect much there unless it's earlier in the summer. Overall, I really enjoyed the climb. No problem with bugs.

The hike to the falls is an easy one but the hike to the peak was a tough one. The view from the top is very beautiful where you can see Mt Rainier. The whole hike to the peak took 4 hours and half the time to the falls. The hike to peak from the falls is not as clearly paved as the path from trailhead to the falls.

Do not underestimate the last 1.5 miles!! You will easily climb 2500ft, if not more, in that stretch alone. This is a great work out hike and good test for doing Mailbox peak. The first two miles are super easy though..

I would just caution to be prepared for a super rocky stretch as well before you start the climb to the top. The rock is very loose and hard on your feet.

Whoo! This was way more difficult than I'd anticipated, but there summit was so worth it-- even with the clouds obstructing the fabled view. I highly recommend planning for longer than 7.5 miles would take you because this baby is steep. Bring trekking poles and an extra pair of socks and a snack and plenty of water!

If you're just going to the falls it's a much shorter trip and not nearly as challenging. The falls are beautiful. But if you have time for the climb, dooooo itttttt! You'll feel like a superhero.

It was a tough first hike of my season... But awesome at the top to see the beautiful waterfall. I use hiking poles and they cake in very handy for the steeper sections and also for the section towards the top that was loose rock, about softball size... My least favorite part of the hike.

I absolutely loved this hike and the trail is very well kept. I'd like to consider ourselves moderately skilled hikers and go at least once every weekend. I checked the reviews and trail reports on this hike before heading out, and chose this one due to WTA saying this was only 1400 ft since my boyfriend's knee was bothering him throughout the week. We originally were going to do Mailbox Peak, but chose this one instead.

This is a far cry from the 1420ft WTA claims, probably only listing the time it takes to get to the falls. You can continue past this area and climb more, waaaay more. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, especially on such a hot weekend. We got to the trailhead at around 0730 and there was only one spot left for us, so get there early and bring tons of water, especially to beat the heat. (Yesterday topped out at 93*) We ended up going through about 4L of water and still ended up running out.

There is a ton of rocks and scrambles up incredibly steep and narrow ways, so bring really good shoes and poles if you have them. We ended up taking the difficult way up and then taking the newer, longer and much easier trail down (adds another couple miles), as it meets up with an old logging trail and the descent is much easier on tired legs. The non-logging trail is not a beginner trail by any means, as it's almost 4 miles up and gains 1500ft on the last mile alone. Total elevation gain is about 4000ft, tops out at 4500ft at the vista point at the top. That said, it's so much fun and incredibly satisfying when you get to the top, because the 360* view is spectacular (I won't spoil it for any newcomers). Be prepared to scramble to get there, though.

I recorded our route, but had to kill it about 3/4 of the way in due to phone battery dying, but the total loop was about 10 miles and ~6 hours with stops for photos, lunch, and just enjoying our view at the top.

We're definitely going to head here again.

Exclellent trail very enjoyable. The falls are spectacular

super fun hike! amazing panoramic view at the top!

We thought we were at Mt Si. Oh well. Trail is well maintained we managed 4 miles before turning around. Great view

TIP!!!....ADDITIONAL PARKING for this trail is located pass the bus turnaround, at the end of Mt Si Road up the hill (end of paved road to the right hand side)....

To avoid limited parking at the bus stop turnaround, park at Mt. Si trailhead instead, and use talus loop plus two connector trails as shown in my track. It is actually shorter! From Teneriffe falls up the trail is slightly more difficult at places than Mailbox old trail. Good workout. Breathtaking 360 view at the peak, with Mt. Baker, Glacier Peak visible, and Mt. Rainier in full view. Also visible are Bellevue, Seattle, and in fact Tacoma Dome. Easily the best view among its I-90 neighbors.

Beautiful views but "lightly trafficked" is inaccurate at best, WAY too many people!

This is so far, the most crowded trail I have been on in the area. Lotssssss of people. Lots. I didn't really enjoy how rocky it was in certain parts, but it was overall fairly easy. Parking was such a joke, we got there at about 8:30 and had to find one of the last spots at the Mt Si trailhead (which adds over a mile each way). We didn't take our dog on this one and am glad we didn't. The trail is fairly narrow in some spots, and with all the rocks and people, would have been annoying.

Challenging but amazing summit

March 29. Trail is pretty easy up to the falls. No one was there when I started at 8:30am, lots were starting when I was returning 3 hours later. The falls are great! The trail gets steep and rocky after that. Today there was snow off-trail at the falls, and by the time I got to the ridge, the trail was covered with snow. Very slippery and steep. Got within a half-mile of the top, but decided to minimize the amount of slippery hiking down and turned around. Gorgeous sunny day.

Amazing views. Wish I had my snowshoes near the top though.