Mount Si Trail

Mount Si Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

The hike starts at the parking lot and the trail head is clearly marked, in a couple hundred yards you will begin your ascent to the top of Mount Si. The trail is well-maintained and dog-friendly, but be aware that there have been reports of bear spottings on the trail (although not very often). Most of the hike is under the shade of the trees which makes it a good hike even in the heat of summer. The trail ends on a rocky surface known as the Haystack, which can be very slippery when wet. You'll need some climbing experience if you plan to get to the top of the haystack.

GENERAL HIKE DESCRIPTION
The hike is a good length and pace for a moderate hiker. It is quite rocky on the trail so you may want a decent pair of boots or hiking shoes to avoid a sharp rock to the foot. The overall pace is pretty average for the first two thirds of the hike but after that it picks up a little bit. I saw a few people carrying their small dogs up but if you have a larger dog they should be fine.

TRAIL CONDITIONS as of 2/17
The trail was clear for 75% of the hike but the last 25% was covered in snow and ice. You may want to either bring poles or you can just walk beside the snow as the ice is very slippery. On the top there was probably 3ft of compact snow and on the backside where the approach to haystack is there was a little more. Because of the possibility of ice I wouldn't try to climb to the very top.

Hiked today 02/12/2017. Trail in good condition, second half in snowy and icy little bit so be careful. Trail is challenging for new hikers because it too steep, there are almost no flat sites, you always going up. I did all trail up without stops for 1.5 hour it was not easy but views definitely worth it

Great hike. Very icy the last 1/2 mile.
Please put your dogs on a leash. :)

Feuff what a hike!!! Keep in mind you have to have a pass in order to park inside the parking lot, otherwise you will end up with $100 fine ): There is parking outside, we saw couple of cars. Good weather we started at 9am took us 2.5 hours to reach the top and 2.0 to bottom. Was a hard hike but totally worth the effort. Towards the top you will run into snow, be prepared with your snow shoes, hiking sticks are a plus but not required. Absolute breath taking once you reach the top!!!! We sat had our snacks enjoying and breathing in every moment. Birds are super friendly. Definitely will visiting this trail in the summer.

I hiked this about 6 months ago & it was nice. The first mile & a half could be considered "hard" but it is mainly just switch backs & about 2 look outs. The top is fun! Animals are really nice & will eat out of your hand. Good view of rainier, but I personally like rattlesnake's view more even though rattle snake is much shorter.

Big fan of this trail. It's pretty tough to power through l, but the view from the top is worth everything you go through.

Great scenery at the top. There is a spot called the "haystack", where you can see to Mt. Rainer and Seattle on a clear day. Really great hike.

Snow and ice on the last mile - micro spikes help else it can be rather slippery. Beautiful hike overall.

This trail is absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend it! It took my bf and I 1h50 to get to the summit and 1h15 to come back down. Although it is marked as hard if you are in a ok shape you'll be perfectly fine. Lots of switchbacks and a gentle and constant climb, a little steeper at the end but very manageable. I highly recommend microspikes, as it gets icy quickly and people without them were struggling. The view at the top is simply stunning, and lots of grey jays hanging around in search for food. It's my favorite hike so far within 45 min of Seattle, and there are lots of people which I find reassuring if you're climbing solo.

Love this hike. I did it twice in 3 days! Its a steep climb uphill but the views at the top are more than worth it. I went in January and the trail was very icy. I used microspikes which were incredibly helpful (not sure it would have been possible without them). When I did the hike on a Saturday, there were about 10 people at the top while I was there. When I did the hike on a holiday Monday, I was the only one at the top for 30 minutes! It was beautiful.

12/29/16 Loved this trail. It's pretty steep and very icy if you don't have spikes. We didn't and we made it to the top but couldn't do the haystack. Going down was significantly more challenging than going up with the ice. The view at the top is so worth it. There are lots of dogs, including mine, off leash. 8/9 dogs we ran into were, so I wouldn't recommend bringing a dog who is reactive to other dogs. It's pretty crowded even for a Thursday morning, but it's a long enough trail that you don't feel crowded the whole time.

I hiked this last weekend on Christmas Day and it was awesome! Perfect weather and lots of grey jays at the summit. I used yak trax for traction and they worked great. The snow is very compacted and it gets really steep toward the end. Took about 4 hours round trip. It's a difficult hike, but honestly I expected it to be harder. Love this trail!