Mount Pilchuck Trail

Mount Pilchuck Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and snowshoeing and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Granite Falls, E (left ) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Forest Service Road 42 for 7 miles to trailhead.

Needed to get in the mountains and had't done Pilchuck yet despite it's popularity. Cold and rainy but still a good hike the Lookout at the top mad for a perfect warm up spot. Planning on going back to take it the view. Heads up: you CAN go in! Lift the small panel by the ladder and squat low to get in and warm. Interesting reads inside too.

Amazing, stunning views! A tad bit unmarked so think twice before making a turn, a little tough but totally worth the view.

geocaching

Around 5-6 miles of road before trailhead is loosegravel with small potholes, it is easily passable though. Headed out from trailhead around 10:30am on Friday morning, parking was busy, got up to top around 12:20pm. Trail is maintained but is easy to miss at some points. Since it's raining most of the trail was muddy and watery. It is not an easy hike but I saw people of all ages there. Once you get to the top 360view is beautiful, you can see Mt. Rainer and Mt. baker and many other mountains. There were no snow, but it was cold and slippery at some places.

Things to remember: Discover Pass or $5 day use fee
1. Hiking shoes and extra layers of cloths( this tail is very muddy and watery, so you need waterproof shoes and also it's very rocky)
2. Lots of water and food to enjoy on top.
3.gloves, extra jackets, hiking poles ( when I went up it was sunny and when I got to top it was super cold and freezing)
4. Go only on sunny day or cloudy day (please try not to go on rainy day because those rocks get very slippery durning rain.)

According to my watch it was 6 Miles round trip

It is really beautiful hike you will love it, good luck !!!!!

One of my first and most memorable hikes. Went up for sunset and it was honestly breathtaking. 360 views and what a sunset! Hiked with headlamps down. Worth every second!

ran into a small Lil blizzard at the top today.. 10/10/16

One of the most rewarding hikes I've ever done. it was beautiful weather and going in a Friday allowed us to avoid most of the crowds. going in a clear day is suggested so you can see the surrounding mountain ranges and get the full 360 degree view

I've done this hike many times, sun or clouds the view is always amazing. I spent the night in the tower and watched the most amazing sunrise. I highly recommend it as a day hike or overnighter for a sunset and rise. Oh, the stars were amazing too!

Super hard because it rained all the way up but was worth the hike. Next time I'll go up when it's clear sunny weather =)

I absolutely loved it!!! It was raining and cloudy but the hike going up was great! I don't recommend dogs coming when it's rainy. I'm coming back forsure during spring to see the views

Good workout...no one told me we had to climb stairs at the end so be ready!!!seriously!!!Hiking Boots are a must..Buena Suerte amigos !!