Mount Fremont Lookout Trail

Mount Fremont Lookout Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Parkwood, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until September.

From Puyallup, east 52 miles on Highway 410 to Sunrise Road in Mount Rainier National Park. Turn right and drive 15 miles to the trailhead at Sunrise Visitor Center.

Went a week ago. 8 inches of new snow from reservoir to look out.

Relatively easy hike, definitely ran into a lot of people but got a nice view of Mt.Rainier

Beautiful view from the Lookout for not much effort. Highly recommended for first timers at Sunrise.

Did it today, it was very cloudy and I didn't see anything beyond 200ft, but anyway I like it.

Did this hike in mid August. It was about 80 out at the visitor center and not a cloud in the sky. Did this hike with my ten year old and had my 13 month in a frame carrier on my back. We made it all the way to the lookout in about 1.5 hours (needed lots of breaks). We stopped and had some lunch with the chipmunks and horseflies. The flies were pretty ruthless up there. After frozen lake the hike gets a little more serious. It is mostly rocky trail going upwards. Hiking poles helped but they also would get stuck in some parts. Just be sure footed in those rocky areas and remind your little ones to take it slow. The views were amazing and even seen some mountain goats in the distance. Took us a total of 3 hours to go up and come back down. Definitely recommend giving it a go and wearing lots of sunscreen, a good hat, and sunglasses (it gets windy/dusty).

An amazing hike on a clear and windy July day. The climb at altitude is a bit more than an "easy" hike, but it's well worth it at the end. Bring a beer and some food to enjoy at the lookout. Lots of people, but worth the traffic.

Love the amazing views from the lookout. Got to see a herd of mountain goats too.

I tend to stay indoors because of lifestyle/habit/restrictions over the years. The only real excuse I have that prevented me from venturing out to explore was because I'm allergic to bees. I was unable to use an epi pen until about a few years ago. The story is longer than this hike, haha. Anyhow, This was the perfect first hike for me. I admit it was a challenge and I was not comfortable with how my mind wanted to quick at the first sense of breathlessness. Fortunately, my more experienced BFF Leo was a good sport and pushed me to keep going, sometimes literally. With every labored breath and jittery step I found that the beauty surrounding me often distracted me for any distress. At times I'd look around and it was as if we were in another world. I saw so many variations of landscapes that I felt as though I had hiked through a story book. I recommend this hike to start your new adventures in any season. We were able to catch a glimpse of the mountain, it was very foggy but it was October...it was a tease for us to come back for sure :) What we did see was majestic and magical.

Love this hike, great views

We start to heading up at midnight, to take some Astrophotography shoots. On the way back around 5am we meet with a guy at Frozen lake, who doing the Wonderland Trail under 40Hrs! Minimal equipment, no tent, just a space blanket, some energy bars, small backpack, and water....

The trail is impeccably maintained. The views were spectacular from the lookout. We saw mountain goats, a fox and tons of chipmunks. I highly recommend bringing a hat and gloves. The winds whip up and are very cold.

Decided to take the hike to the Fremont lookout this past weekend, and I am so glad I finally did this walk on the mountain. Took the trail from behind the bunkhouses at the west end of the parking lot, connecting by the switchback to the Sunrise road to it's connection with the Wonderland trail. Ran into the WTA work crew, doing repairs and replanting along the trial and near the old Sunrise campground near Shadow Lk.
I made sure to give them all a big thank you, for the work they were dong so the rest of us can continue to use these trails, and enjoy the mountain. I told the Park Rangers I really admired their work cubicle, it being so open and naturally lit. Started on up the trail to Frozen Lk. as they broke for lunch, and was gifted with views of so many Mountain Goats, I couldn't count them all. Both down in the meadow, and above the trail heading up to the lookout. Clouds and fog kept the mountain playing hide and seek all day, but I was not disappointed one bit. A cold wind blew up the hill along the track to the lookout, and the fog kept things damp. Lots of folks making the hike this day, met some real nice people, from places like Minneapolis, and as far away as Germany (he wanted to see a bear). Got back to the parking lot about 6:00 p.m. and back to Tacoma a bit past 8:00. Had a wonderful day walking on the mountain, and will remember the trip forever. We all owe the volunteers a big debt of gratitude for their time spent doing repairs for all of us who use the trails, and this park.
I did notice I seemed to be sucking wind more than most people up there, and I'm sure it's because I need to be doing these hikes more often.
Don't know if it's the cool damp up there, or coming back down to the pollutants at sea level, but I now have stuffy nose and runny eyes, but they're worth it.

Favorite hike at Rainier from the Sunrise side. Great views of the mountain. Combined this with a trail down to Shadow Lake for about a 9 mile loop.

Awesome!

This hike was easy and really beautiful ! I would hike it again .

Great well maintained lookout with great views of Mt Rainer. Great spot for the sunset. It's a great trial to add to other sunrise trails for added mileage and different views of Rainier. Trail is in great shape.

Great place for the sunrise and sunset. Sunrise is awesome from Mt Fremont. The lookout is in great shape. Good views of Mt Baker and Glacier Peak. Ran into a herd of over 35 mountain goats with many Baby goats. Trail is in great shape. I was on Dege Peak for sunset too . .if you don't want to use a headlamp, coming back to Sunrise, Dege is a good plan B. Andddd yessss, its better than Paradise for sunrise and sunset.

Hiked just before sunrise. This place is breath taking. Trail is medium, not so bad. I enjoyed this place and would love to come back!