Mount Ellinor Trail

Mount Ellinor Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lilliwaup, WA that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November.

Mount Ellinor Trail is an out and back trail located near Hoodsport, Washington that offers scenic views, rated as difficult.

This trail was absolutely stunning. I'm very much used to a drier climate being from Utah, so it was a pleasant and refreshing change from the norm of desert landscapes. We went in mid-November, and it was a clear day for the most part, but clouds would periodically pass overhead, and it drizzled on us several times. But we never got soaked. However, the air itself was very wet, and even though it was in the low 50s, by the end of the hike it had chilled me through to the bone. So be sure to dress appropriately depending on the forecast. Also, we had a fairly difficult time locating the trail head, as this NP does not have a park entrance (that we could see) or any park rangers. You do need to pay a fee to park at the limited space lot, which we were at the TOP lot (mid-trail). There is also a lower lot about 1 or 2 miles down. So make sure you take a map in case you have trouble locating it. We never made it all the way to the top, as we wanted to beat the setting sun. But the higher up we got, the more incredible the views. We definitely plan to do this trail again someday, from the lower lot. We will also give ourselves more time, because I stopped at nearly every view point to take pictures lol. Incredible place for sure!

was great, aside from low visibility, rain and wind. just didn't get lucky with the weather but loved it anyway

Beautiful views the whole way up! Snowy peaks at the summit looks like a postcard. Def worth the hike!

Short on time, and started from the upper trailhead. Incline and switchbacks through the forest. Beautiful forest with rocks and needles on the floor. Broke through into rocks, stream, and beautiful views. Shale face with some steps before the peak. Hit snow after the shale for a final quarter mile or so to the summit. Incredible views of snowy peaks to the east, forest and lake to the south, and all of Olympic National Park to the west.

Did this on 12 October. Went with a friend and carried my 15 month old on my back in a frame carrier. Talk about a workout. I used trekking poles the entire way and am glad I had them. The trail was pretty difficult in my opinion. There wasn't a time that the trail became too difficult in terms of climbing or falling, it was just a long grueling, steep hike. It took about 2 hours to get to the summit! Again, I never felt at risk, it was just a tiring hike that was pretty physically demanding! Coming down wasn't bad at all, the only part I had any worries about was coming down through the rocks but there are rock steps everywhere, just some steps are taller than others! I do not plan to complete this hike anytime soon, and I especially don't want to carry an almost 40lb pack up there! My knees are still recovering! Give it a try, its worth it to do at least once.

Achy old legs. Be sure to rest before descent, you do not want shaky legs coming down. Need to do this one on a clear day.

As a hiking noob, this trail was extremely difficult. I went for a solo hike starting at the upper trail head. Going up was strenuous especially the rock scrambles and the staircases. At the lower summit I started feeling funny but since I haven't seen any white goats at that point so I continued walking until I saw few goats grazing on the rocks. It was such an amazing experience. I would love to do this hike again but will definitely bring a buddy next time. :)

Steps after steps after steps...which make this climb a balance between a diverse ecological feast for the senses and a sense of being on a climb to the heavens with well laid out stairs. Fir, switchbacks, stone steps, rock scrambling, open face light scree, and did I mention the steps? Great views of Lake Cushman along the way and at the top. Possible to see some magnificent white goat specimens at the summit. Please don't feed them as that reinforces their apparent expectation to get something from hikers.

Mount Ellinor was a Awesome hike with a Awesome reward at the summit.

Hard as heck but worth it!

I enjoyed the challenge of this hike! The change in scenery kept things interesting and kept my mind off the burn in my muscles. And I love the friendly squirrels at the top of the Mountain! :)

Beautiful, but very hard. Worth it.

Outstanding view from the top. Bring your poles for the return trip as it can be hard on the knees. Leave the goats alone. They will impale you or your dog if bothered too much. Forest pass needed at upper trailhead.

The best hike I've been on yet!

Tough, mostly uphill hike. Really short though. Amazing view at the top and I saw a mountain goat!

Hiked this trail with my husband and 9 year old. Started on the upper trail. Be prepared for ascent which starts and never stops! The views along the way are unbelievable!!! Saw a couple family of mountain goats! The very top of the trail near the summit gets quite steep and gravely making good shoes and a stick a must!!! The final ascent is well worth the sore legs later!!!