Moraine Trail

Moraine Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, WA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Ok . .Ok . Ok. . I will do the right thing and review my little diamond . . Moraine Trail. Nobody ever goes here . . This year I saw a mt goat and a deer. . . The unmaintained section goes on for at least a mile . . I would highly recommend going as far as you can . . If you want quiet, animals and great views this is it

This trail was recommended to us by a lady at the information center. She mentioned that it was highly under-rated, and we we did not come across any other hikers on this trail. At first the unsaved section doesn't seem that hard, but then you are trying to find footholds on steep sections that may or may not be stable. I took one spill at a particularly steep section, but otherwise was fine if I was extra mindful of the footing. The view of the Nisqually glacier is incredible, and it was really neat driving over the Nisqually river later and seeing how far up we had been.

I do not think that this trail is moderate at all. You do not need any extra equipment and it does not take terribly long, but there were a few points when I considered hanging back and letting my husband get to the end on his own.