Mirror Lake Trail

Mirror Lake Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really nice lake at the end of this trail. Good for kids and dogs on leash. The elevation gain is pretty gradual.

I loved this hike, Once I made it to the top! The trailhead can be hard to find as there aren't very many clearly marked signs so make sure to follow the directions very carefully. The first part of the trail is a steep and rocky dirt road but is fairly easy, I would recommend going early in the morning if you are backpacking since a good portion of the trail is right in the sun, carrying more weight will definitely make you break a healthy sweat. The rest of the trail is very pretty but kind of tricky in some parts as it seems the trail may have been washed out by landslides or rain, so be prepared to climb over/ under tree trunks and through small streams. There are some steep parts and some nice down hill breaks but you'll know when you're about 2/3 the way when you come across cottonwood lake, more like pond but is still very serene and beautiful. It seems kind of like there wouldn't be another lake in sight for miles but you just have to make one more incline over somewhat of a ridge and then a beautiful scene opens up in front of you of Mirror lake. It was so clear we almost stepped into the water when we approached the shore. There is a trail that wraps around the lake, I suggest if you are camping to stay on the right side or east side of the lake so you can have more sun, it makes for really nice swimming. Overall the hike was more difficult than I anticipated with the amount of gear I was carrying but for a day hike I would say it's fairly easy and really fun and the lake at the top is a perfect destination. Can't wait to go again in two weeks!

Great little hike for the kids, not too much of an elevation, not too long and a beautiful lake.

Probably one of the prettiest Lakes that you will find after all the snow melts. Extremely easy trail.

So this trail was a little confusing to get to. I followed directions I had saved from another hiking website (glad I did, but cell service was limited once we got onto the forest road). Make sure to park in the lower area, as the higher parking area is only accessible via an off road vehicle. Once you park, head up the bumpy/rocky hill until you see a small trailhead to the left, which heads downward. If you don't take this, you can continue upward (which I what I accidentally did) and you'll find a great viewpoint, but not the lakes. Take this left, and you're on your way to Mirror Lake. You can also take a small side trail to look at Cottonwood Lake (more of a small pond) and it will be obvious when you approach the lake. Continue back on the main trail towards Mirror Lake, it's beautiful! Lots of great spots to sit by the water or on the rocks and enjoy company and lunch. Lots of bugs and bees out this time of year though, just be aware of that! Enjoy

Quick hike in to the amazing Mirror Lake. A few downed trees to negotiate, and muddy in places, but the payoff was worth it! Camped on the lake with a view out the tent door of towering rock peaks "mirrored" on the lake below. So great!

5/30/16 Still very snowy. Without my GPS watch, I would have had no idea where the trail was. Looking forward to coming back later in the year when the snow is gone.

Beautiful with the snowfall. It was a very calm day so I was a little disappointed that Mirror Lake was so not still. Be prepared for a pothole filled and icy drive

Very nice hike for the family and dogs! The current snowfall made some of the most unreal scenery. Will come back in every season

Beautiful hike with family, got to walk on PCT for 1000ft :-). Although it was forecasted to rain, bring some rain gear or in our case ponchos from the last zoo visit. Overall awesome.

Nice short hike. No luck fishing. An awful lot of loud groups