Beacon Hill Trail

Beacon Hill Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

at first walking down one of the trails I was ready to write a really nice review and then I started seeing some garbage and stuff and I was like okay well still pretty nice and i walked around it for a while and tried to give it more of a chance but then I just see more and more garbage. it really let me down. if you go farther then even like half a mile you see a lot of garbage and it makes it really gross and there are some pretty disturbing stuff like dolls that were just messed up beer bottles and other glasses broken and things really disappointing I would not recommend it to anyone.

Best views at night of the skyline.

As previously mentioned, this is definitely geared for mountain bikers. I encountered mostly bikers in the time I was out there. I found certain parts to be extremely steep, both up and down, based on the route it shows.

Great trail moderate difficulty significant shade. However close to town and noisy.

This place is definitely geared more towards bikers because the paths are paved with bike wheels. But hiking is great too! I found it a little boring compared to some other trails but it's still a decent one.

Lots of trails and entry points. Views were great . A few hardcore mt bikers. Even saw some turkeys on the way down. People were friendly.

Lots of great views. Many trails and different routes keeps it new. Usually start on the west end and do the climbing first. The area is huge and it seems to never get old.

I highly enjoyed hiking these trails. It's different than other trails in the Spokane area because you pick a trail and go. Then sometime later you try and figure out which trail will lead you to your starting place. Great views from the beacon hill sight especially at night!

Nice easy trail with lots of sun.

Not the best place for hiking. Some crowds and teenage kids, if you're looking for a good hike in Spokane, I wouldn't recommend this. Its a nice park to take your dog to though.

Best place ever for mtb huge terrain courses and down hill on the back side

There are tons of trails on Beacon! My favorite is starting at Esmerelda Golf course and riding to the beacons on top. We ride down the single track back to where we started. I ride this a lot with my husband who's a very experienced rider and with one of my girlfriends who's a new rider. We all enjoy ourselves up there so it's great for all skill levels!

Beacon Hill has so many different trails to ride its best to take someone up with you who knows their way around. If you are into just riding trails or flying through the down hill section through the race course the hill is perfect for you. We usually start at Esmerelda golf course section and ride to the top. From top the view is awesome you can see just about all of Spokane and Spokane Valley. From there we head down to the Beacon Hill Bombers course. Its a pretty intense course we don't follow the whole thing but just some of the easier parts. The parks dept and avista own the land and a local mountain bike club works on the race course and terrain park. They do an awesome job and are working to expand the park. Check out their website fttrc.org