Middle Fork Snoqualmie River Trail

Middle Fork Snoqualmie River Trail is a 25.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 34. Turn left onto 468th Ave and travel 0.6 miles. Turn right onto Middle Fork Rd and go 3 miles (keeping left at the fork.) Turn left onto Forest Service Road 56 and travel 11.5 miles to the parking area on the right.

8/14/2016 (Sunday) - On a hot sunny day, a walk in the woods along the river gave people a pleasant feeling. Not many users, moderate traffic. The trail is dry in this season, no obstacles up to 3.5 miles from the trailhead, just passing the riverside, then uncleared big trees and washouts appear. Overgrowths are obviously dense than my last visit. The road construction project is making progress, as there are almost no pothole, but the paved sections are not increased. More cars parked to the end of the road across the Taylor River bridge than the official Middle Fork parking lot, which is much better paved and maintained.

I haven't been to the trail and was thinking of going there this weekend. The road condition scared me (especially because I drive a Prius) but I found this website and thought I should share it with people who might concerned with the same thing. Happy hiking! Btw, I had no choice but to rate to post this comment...

Beautiful trail. Lots of downfall from winter storms. Big trees to cross over, through, around. Beware of the potholes on the construction road traveling to the TH.

10/18/2015 (Sunday) -- I follow a small group led by George of IATC to get the first taste of the Middle Fork area. The road is still under construction, and is open only one some weekends. It's nearly 15 miles long, still very rough, requiring careful driving for 30-40 minutes. There are multiple trails from the two trailheads leading to different directions. Walking along the river, one may enjoy wonderful views near and far. The trailheads require National Pass (NW Forest Pass, Senior Pass...). The trails are easy to walk, well maintained, very gentle incline. After the road paving is completed in one year or so, this area will certainly become much crowded. This is a cloudy to lightly rainy day, very typical of this season in this area, and I feel such weather is still good for outdoors with waterproof gear.

Forest Service Road 56 is closed past the Mailbox Peak trailhead, so this trail is inaccessible until repairs are completed. The road can be used by pedestrians and bicyclists.

Such a great hike. Great for beginners and was not boring at all. This was one of my first trails and thought it was beautiful. Not too much elevation and always something to look at.

Don't go in your Prius like many did. You could see smoke coming from the drivers as they putzed along at 5 miles an hour. Your doing more damage to the environment by killing your chassis instead of my SUV.

We went their hunting for mushrooms, and found lots. Too bad we didn't know what we were doing and only bagged one! Oh well, it was a beautiful walk and fun time. Just don't go on an odd ending day during bike season. Kinda gets crowded with peddlers.

The trailhead is well after the trailhead to Mailbox Peak, and it's a good half hour to forty five minutes on a very bad road before reaching the trailhead.

Unlike Mailbox, this is a US Forest Service trail and requires a different parking pass, $5 a day if you don't have one already.

I'm sure most will complain about the horrendous pothole laden trail. I would PTO if we weren't there to camp. For a day hike I'd be disappointed. Sweet bridge, lovely river, but we did 3 miles in (self, daughter 13, son 11) and it was frustratingly boring to me a lot of the way, except one amazing opening where you see mountain on one side, tree destruction on another...then theres a really sweet rocky creek you could walk down & have lunch on, or take a nap like I did.:)

On a good sunny day (no rain), try it and make it to the rocky area...or if you're camping out that way like us, get your trail on, but there are far more awesome trails without the hassle of the road.

Good Views. This road to trailhead is full of potholes. Dont even think of going there in a sedan. You need a SUV or a Jeep to go there. We went in a sedan and it took us forever to reach the trail head. We only did arnd 5 miles.

Its ok. The trail is really pretty dull, second growth forest, good views on occasion, and really no pay off. So if you believe the path is the destination, it might be for you. However, the road is unpassable for most cars. 11 miles one way of the worst axle breaking potholes anywhere. Dont try this unless you have clearance and big wheels. This hike just isnt worth the hazard of the drive...and I went in a jeep...

What a great hike! Some really great views of the mountain and plant life. Will definetly go back for another trip more into spring.